• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Unexplained roof issue

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We bought our 2022 Primetime Sanibel 3102ESWB in July. It was a used unit but hadn't been used more than a few times. Still looked and smelled brand new. A week ago I was up on the roof and noticed a spot on the roof that looked like it got hot and disfigured the membrane. I have been up on the roof numerous times and that spot wasn't there the last time I was up there a month or so ago. I have no idea what the cause is, or how to go about addressing it. The roof is in new condition, so I haven't washed it or done anything to cause the spot. Seems like a possible manufacturer defect to me. Thoughts?View attachment 21918View attachment 21919
You have rule out many of the potential reasons and other have submitted great responses so I will throw this out there. Could be traveling down the road something dripped on it from above that was chemical in nature and caused the damage. It definitely looks like heat was involved weather chemical or otherwise. What is right below that inside? Has the spot remained static or is it changing in size? As I look at this it appears to have some flow to it like something spilled right in the main damage area and then traveled towards the back which is why I say chemical spill from above.

Latest resources

Back