RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 JLUR Diesel
I've got a leaky jack on my 2022 DSDP; Its in the front on the drivers side. Fortunately it is only leaking fluid when extended.

My service appointment is a month a way. In my current campsite I am able to manually level using the remaining 3 jacks.

The Question is: Should I limit the use of the passenger-front jack, even if the control panel tells me the coach is leveled?

My concern would be a jack that's down won't come back up and you can't travel. If you're confident you can get all jacks retracted and travel then it's your call. I think these days leveling is more for your comfort than anything else. It won't affect the operation of anything in an all electric coach.

Thanks, Neal! The 3 working jacks retract just fine. My concern is mostly around the torque on the chassis.

Even in manual they system wont let you select one jack just for that reason. You can raise or lower a side or end in manual, but these systems are designed to prevent lifting a corner.

The jacks only work in pairs. If you wish to raise the front or rear the two front or two rear jacks work in tandem. Same side-to-side. Impossible to work one Jack at a time.

Most important is slides in/out aired up and not on jacks.

…so if you are able to lower one jack individually then you have a non-operational jack either on the other side or other end.

I agree with you - would be concerned about torque on the chassis. Hopefully every site you find can be low in the rear and passenger side :)

Our hydraulic pump went out this summer. Couldn't use the full wall slide or the jacks. Advantage with Newmar is that you put out the slides prior to leveling. We did 3 wks w/o jacks. Just try to find level sites.
IMHO don't use just 3 jacks.

We don't have a Newmar but a Renegade with HWH slides and dual action jacks. During covid I damaged a hydraulic jack and it was a year before we were able to get the part and find someone who could replace it and fix the bent mount.
We got by with 3 jacks for that year.
We manually deployed the jacks using the valves in basement bay vs using the buttons in the coach (to avoid that 4th jack trying to extend). Took some creativity a couple times but we were able to make it work.

Latest resources

Back