• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert Using a Password app to manage passwords

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
These password managers concern me, is there a back door or can they be hacked? Thus giving up a very big treasure trove of data.
Well, I’ve used 1Password since Day 1. And the PARAMOUNT caution to very user is to guard, protect, and SAVE your Master Password in a safe place. Reason being, that the 1P data file is so securely encrypted and blind to their tech department, that NO ONE can save you should you forget it!!

So questions about KeePass for those that use it. I started using the app and got most of my passwords changed. It is pretty slick. Now they are offering an update to the software. I have it on 4 devices - if I update one and add a p/w to that DB, can older versions read that DB? Usually software is not friendly with older versions.
I figure I must install the new version on all the devices and copy the db to the device (as usual)

These password managers concern me, is there a back door or can they be hacked? Thus giving up a very big treasure trove of data.
After having used one of the apps now, I think the biggest concern should be that you don't lose the master password into the app (as mentioned a couple times already). That would be a disaster for me and anyone else because you don't know the password they generate if you can't get into the app. Be careful

So questions about KeePass for those that use it. I started using the app and got most of my passwords changed. It is pretty slick. Now they are offering an update to the software. I have it on 4 devices - if I update one and add a p/w to that DB, can older versions read that DB? Usually software is not friendly with older versions.
I figure I must install the new version on all the devices and copy the db to the device (as usual)
As long as it's a minor update like 2.01 to 2.5 then you are safe to upgrade one at a time.

V1.0 is not fully compatible with v2.0+

Keepass v2.48.1 is the latest stable release and is compatible with all v2.0+ databases.

Last edited:
2.47 is available now according to a prompt I get every time I open the app. Funny thing, when I click "About" it shows I'm running 2.47 already.
1621679637236.png

2.47 is available now according to a prompt I get every time I open the app. Funny thing, when I click "About" it shows I'm running 2.47 already.
View attachment 7013
I had a typo in my earlier reply. 2.48.1 is the latest.

Latest resources

Back