• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question VA Medical Benefits

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm happy they took me in. I think if you served it should be a benefit you receive.

Maybe I need to re-apply. I've been retired for a few years now so my income is not what it was when I initially applied. @FL-JOE can I assume you have Medicare right now?

Last edited:
Maybe I need to re-apply. I've been retired for a few years now so my income is not what it was when I initially applied. @FL-JOE can I assume you have Medicare right now?
Find a V A advocate near you. They will help you get all benefits. No charge to you. Will help you fill out all the paperwork.

Find a V A advocate near you. They will help you get all benefits. No charge to you. Will help you fill out all the paperwork.
The problem is I am not qualified for benefits - been refused several times. I spent 10 years in the Army, honorable discharge, no disabilities. I was not promised benefits unless I stayed in 20 years. My buddy down the street stayed in the Navy only 4 years, no disabilities and he gets full benefits 'cept dental.
I talked to a VA Advocate at a VA seminar and he said there was nothing he could help me with.
So I'm willing to try to apply again, not expecting full coverage but anything would be nice.

Try writing your congressman, it helps in areas such as this. They will forward to the VA but it’s coming from them and it adds much more weight.

The problem is I am not qualified for benefits - been refused several times. I spent 10 years in the Army, honorable discharge, no disabilities. I was not promised benefits unless I stayed in 20 years. My buddy down the street stayed in the Navy only 4 years, no disabilities and he gets full benefits 'cept dental.
I talked to a VA Advocate at a VA seminar and he said there was nothing he could help me with.
So I'm willing to try to apply again, not expecting full coverage but anything would be nice.
What years did you serve? Any conflicts at those times?

@Russsilber90 - I was in '76-'86 - no official wars but the US was involved in a lot of stuff in that timeframe - middle east support, Grenada, Lebanon, Egypt, etc.
@Neal - Our congressman was at the VA Seminar and couldn't help me either. The VA people I talked to didn't ask the dates I served, just if I had any disabilities. There were a few of us in the same predicament at the seminar.

The retired friend and I are both on Medicare. We both retired from the same organization. We both served in the Army, me just over 3 years and him exactly 3 years. Both of our incomes are over any limits you might see online. The only difference between him and I was I actually went to VN and he did not, even though he served during that time.

Rkins, if I were you I would go online and fill out the application that way. When you get to the part about financial there will be a pop up message advising you it is not required if you don't want to provide it. Simply do not give them the financial information. That is what he and I both did, him almost 20 years ago and me just last month. We are now both enrolled in the VA healthcare program. Now I will make this disclaimer, his care and stuff (eye glasses, hearing aids, etc.) is almost 100% free, I haven't gotten my booklet yet and/or started with them so I don't know if I will be paying deductibles or what.

Good Luck!

@Russsilber90 - I was in '76-'86 - no official wars but the US was involved in a lot of stuff in that timeframe - middle east support, Grenada, Lebanon, Egypt, etc.
@Neal - Our congressman was at the VA Seminar and couldn't help me either. The VA people I talked to didn't ask the dates I served, just if I had any disabilities. There were a few of us in the same predicament at the seminar.
We're you around any loud noise. Guns, aircraft, artillery that would cause a hearing loss or tinnitus. That would be a disability. We're the correct hearing plugs given to you?
Good luck in your search.

We're you around any loud noise. Guns, aircraft, artillery that would cause a hearing loss or tinnitus. That would be a disability. We're the correct hearing plugs given to you?
Good luck in your search.
I was around noise a lot the 1st 5 years but my hearing is fine (don't ask my wife that question :rolleyes: ).

@FL-JOE - I'll give it a shot, nothing to lose. Maybe they could act like the Part B or the Part G coverage I have?

Latest resources

Back