RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4002
RV Length
40’10
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Trailhawk
I am planning a trip to Vegas to have some work done at NIRVC and I typically go to a campground on the road.

Since I am just spending the night, and continuing on the next morning, it seems like a viable choice to spend the night in Walmart which is along the route. I have heard the drill get permission, don't set up like you are camping, patronize the establishment if possible and leave no trace. Aside from that, anything else I need to be aware of? I have already checked to see if they allow overnight and they do. I will call to confirm before I leave.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
Have a "Plan B" in your back pocket if you find the Walmart parking lot full, or management changes its policy at the last minute, or whatever.

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator
We Wally-docked 2 nights on the way back from Nappanee. Both were in small towns near the highway. Each time there was only one other RV in the lot; of course late February is not exactly the prime season for camping. One even had signs pointing to RV parking. If you’ve got a toad, make sure you arrive early enough to situate your rig so no backing is required. We pulled in about 4pm each day.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
@sheridany have you considered Harvest Hosts? Safer in my opinion and a great experience visiting wineries, golf courses, etc. I've been to a few in great destinations out in the country with great views, very private and isolated, also some that were busy wineries and enjoyable.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4002
RV Length
40’10
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Trailhawk
@Neal I looked at it a few years ago. I’ll look again. Good point.

update: I joined. Got 15% off. Found a great place along route. Thanks @Neal

Last edited:
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Canyon Star 3710
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
Utilized "Harvest Host" membership on the way to & from Florida. Stayed at the same Winery in S.C.
Great folks; this particular one even had "water/electricity" hookups if one chose to use them. Additional charge for those was $10.00. Which I utilized.
Or could have boon-docked next to the vineyards for "free"!
Harvest Host participants seem to be growing at a fairly rapid clip! And the additional "Golf Course" membership gives one even greater opportunities!
Many more participants east of the Mississippi, but seems to growing in midwest/west areas.
And too me, much safer & more scenic than a Wally World parking lot! But not always as convenient!
Just another option to consider!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
One I used in southwestern VA even had 50A hookups! I enjoy it, it's something different and so far great experiences.