Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Want to buy a site in a luxury RV/motorcoach resort?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We've had similar experiences with hotels.

The Premium lots there are, in my opinion, priced over the top. Especially for seasonal use. Yikes.
Site 239, while very nice, is asking $590K.

Yep I hear you about being disappointment. We spent four or five days at Hilton Head. Traffic was horrendous getting on the island. Roads were narrow getting around camp grounds, Camp site was narrow and not to deep. It was ok, but I stayed at nicer sites for a lot less money.

HH

That’s really interesting because lots of prevost and Newell owners talk of HG as one of the nicest luxury rv resorts in all of the US and a must see. Doesn’t sound like it from what @Neal says. Trust but verify.

That’s really interesting because lots of prevost and Newell owners talk of HG as one of the nicest luxury rv resorts in all of the US and a must see. Doesn’t sound like it from what @Neal says. Trust but verify.
Those that own will want to promote their location for resale value. As to the comment earlier about the YouTuber praising it - follow the money! People are bought these days, said YouTuber probably got a stay free in exchange for....

I haven't explored the area much so can't speak for the location. Of the owner resorts I've been to this is the bottom of the list for me. Tiny pool, no trash pickup, doesn't seem very active, minimal amenities overall compared to others, some lots are pretty tight, many are pull in so they are pointing at trees, not a great view. I don't get it. Again, there's usually some underlying reason for praising related to $$$.

The new section I'm in when built out will be interesting to see as it looks like some nice casita's will be going in.

Edit: Yes, there are a lot of Prevost and Newell coaches here.

@Neal , I recommend heading to Charlevoix for a good day trip. It’s touristy, but we liked it. Check out the mushroom homes there.

The Premium lots there are, in my opinion, priced over the top. Especially for seasonal use. Yikes.
Site 239, while very nice, is asking $590K.
I've lived in SW Michigan all my life and many years, taken annual trips to northern Michigan. The prices of property in the northern lower have gotten ridiculous. Along with that the towns like Petoskey have just become busy tourist traps.

Contrast that ask for just a RV lot to this house in this post. LINK

@Neal , I recommend heading to Charlevoix for a good day trip. It’s touristy, but we liked it. Check out the mushroom homes there.
Took dawg for a drive down today. Was nice to get off the compound, see the water, town(s), etc.

Thanks, Neal. That one was on my bucket list. It has been removed. I try to maximize days and minimize $ spent. If I remember correctly, they don't even have a monthly discount. It has been generally, highly rated, but it seems like all of the campgrounds in highly desireable tourist areas are way over priced. Some of my previous favorites have been purchased by large companies and prices were raised markedly, discounts eliminated etc. They lost my business.

Last I was in this area I stayed at a state park and really enjoyed it. I don't want to poo poo this place and give a bad impression but we've all heard of the hype as if this place is something magical. It is nice but not my cup of tea.

Four pickleball courts, today I finally saw someone on one of the courts.

For those that like this style of resorting, please enjoy. This is not for me at this price point. We all have our own likes/dislikes.

Latest resources

Back