Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Want to buy a site in a luxury RV/motorcoach resort?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Tip - stay there, listen, learn, just don't view a site and think it's good.

1) Last I stayed at Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort I was in a section next to a factory or some place with dump trucks, etc. It started at 6 AM every day, it was miserable.

2) I'm now at Hearthside Grove Motorcoach Restort - site 295. I was woken up around 3 AM to an alarm in the factory behind my site which never went off. So much for windows open and fresh air to help me sleep while I'm sick. Today, it's non stop noise and what sounds like a horn going off every 15-30 seconds like it's a saw mill or something behind me, or a processor of some type and the horn blows to notify people that something is about to begin.

Edit: it looks like it is a metal processing center. Click here

Know your area, your site, surroundings. Only a few hours into day 1 and it's eye roll!

If you're going to rent a site, look at what's near your chosen site on the map such as factories, truck stops (had one of those too), etc.

Thank you for the heads up

Google Earth is a great tool for checking out rv parks, fueling sites etc. We use it constantly.

Google Earth is a great tool for checking out rv parks, fueling sites etc. We use it constantly.
Usually it is. In this case the GE image of the park was taken before the loop Neal is on was built.

Usually it is. In this case the GE image of the park was taken before the loop Neal is on was built.
That’s why we use both the park site map and Google Earth.
I make the reservations, and when possible, prefer calling to make reservations. I tell them our size, height being important with a Newmar, and ask if possible sights are quiet. They have so far been helpful, and honest. Judy D

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up Neal. We’ll be there is a few weeks. Site 282. In the same loop, but hopefully far enough away from the noise.

Hope you feel better soon.

Interesting. One of the more popular YouTube content providers gave the campground a glowing review with testimonials by residents about 11 months ago!

As always, buyer beware!

This is why we stick to fairly remote campgrounds. You just have to worry about partiers.

This is my new dinette view. I can get this at a KOA for half the price. Yeah, I'm the only site in my section that has coaches so close. I pick'em good! My other side is wide open and nice, don't want to discount that, but this came in yesterday sadly.

IMG_5239.JPG

yeah we like to check out GE both satellite and street views - they can differ greatly

Latest resources

Back