Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Want to buy a site in a luxury RV/motorcoach resort?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Today I'm leaving Hearthside Grove homeward bound. Last night I'm sitting out on the patio enjoying a cool night and still hear non stop horn beeping. What the heck? I thought it was some alert about processing something like metal, nope, I figured it out. But yeah, there is a metal processing facility and it sounds like a router table going all day. But I went to the tree line behind my site to figure out the horn blowing. It's a UPS processing center and as the UPS trucks move around the grounds they honk such as to warn people coming around a turn, etc. Non stop!!!! Here is an update to the map which shows the new section I'm in and in my back yard, beautiful view, is the propane facility and self-storage (great view for my nose in neighbor). My location is the blue dot. On the other side of that is the UPS center.

hg.jpg

Ridiculous, have you considered posting your real world, uncompensated review as a reply to some of the paid commercials on YT? If not, you should.

I've considered the splurge at this campground, but no more.

It’s been a few years since we were there (2016), but HG lived up to its hype then. Perhaps this new section is a bridge too far and in the wrong direction for them.

Interesting. One of the more popular YouTube content providers gave the campground a glowing review with testimonials by residents about 11 months ago!

As always, buyer beware!
On that note, I tend to be very skeptical of reviews from any source. Cynically, I have the old adage that some people will say anything if paid enough. So, with almost EVERY park, I will look at “on the ground” reviews such as CampgroundReviews.com. I’ll look at the “worst” and then the ”most recent”. Many times, you’ll see problems get corrected with new management; other items, you’ll see it go downhill.

That said, pretty shocked to hear this experience at Hearthside, because everyone I know that‘s started, or owns there, is in love with it.

Guess yet another adage applies here as well: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.

I know this thread was centered on Hearthside Grove but it is more about lessons learned in buying a site and knowing what you're getting into. A few more notes on HG and then closing on a positive note about it.

The new section is not depicted on Google Earth as you can see from my attachment above so it would be hard to review in research without knowing what you're looking at. I don't know why they cleared all of the trees as the rest of the campground has heavily landscaped which is why the non new areas are probably much better. While I like the wide open area and lots of grass for walking the dog, it will be interesting to see when it's built out as the vegetation and casitas move in. For now it looks like very large sites but that will change and I'm not sure all sites are in yet. What I also found surprising was whoever graded them must have failed grading school, most of the sites in the new section are not even close to level, okay, some are close, some are not close.

It's obvious I really know how to pick'em, I found probably the worst site in the entire campground. With that said, I imagine the mature sites with heavy landscaping are probably much cozier with a more sheltered and secluded feeling. You don't get that in the new section and it will be years before that happens. So if you're looking to go there consider avoiding the new section or at least the western row and all will be fine. It is a nice setup, I just had a bad experience that started before I arrived and getting sick the day before arriving and being sick the entire time there did not help see things in a better light. Trying to get fresh air and relax was interrupted by the unfortunate sounds as described.

Site ownership is just not my thing "yet." I almost did at Pelican Lakes, in hindsight that would have been a good investment in 2017/2018. But it's counter to RVing to me, staying in one place that long unless wintering like I've done twice at Palm Creek to maximize Pickleball. I like to move, move often, experience new locations and enjoy the journey as well. For those looking for sites, you know what you're after and I hope some lessons learned in this thread can help you find the best site for you.

Today I'm leaving Hearthside Grove homeward bound. Last night I'm sitting out on the patio enjoying a cool night and still hear non stop horn beeping. What the heck? I thought it was some alert about processing something like metal, nope, I figured it out. But yeah, there is a metal processing facility and it sounds like a router table going all day. But I went to the tree line behind my site to figure out the horn blowing. It's a UPS processing center and as the UPS trucks move around the grounds they honk such as to warn people coming around a turn, etc. Non stop!!!! Here is an update to the map which shows the new section I'm in and in my back yard, beautiful view, is the propane facility and self-storage (great view for my nose in neighbor). My location is the blue dot. On the other side of that is the UPS center.

View attachment 20049
that's crazy. At the very least those sites should be considerably cheaper than any others

Ridiculous, have you considered posting your real world, uncompensated review as a reply to some of the paid commercials on YT? If not, you should.

I've considered the splurge at this campground, but no more.
Jaydee,

I'm not an owner at HG, nor do I have any real vested interest in it. IN fact...I've never been, but I've shared the beauty of it through the eyes of others, many of which are my good friends. One, just bought a GORGEOUS site up there and I've seen a fly-through with his drone and have a pretty good idea of what it's like. They're in LOVE with it; as are every one of the other folks I know who've visited.

But, as Neal says..."Location is everything"...and that section HE STAYED IN is the newer section and isn't very appealing at all.

It's a big park, with lots of trees as buffers. So, I'd really hate for anyone to write HG off their list, simply because a certain section isn't good at all. And, yes, that section is markedly cheaper than the other developed sites.

HG has anything from a pad on grass to a huge million$+ lakeside site with landscaping and a "coach-house".

I hope this helps you and others. Oh, just bring a 3-stage water filter and softener. ;-)

I thought this thread was about hilton head. Guess you really need to read. In our travels the only place we have stayed at twice was hilton head. I guess it just suited us. Lots of biking, tennis, pickleball, nice site. The price sure went up between visits though. Now we are more into a long winter stay so it's Arizona for us

Latest resources

Back