Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I washed my bus today and took some different steps and it turned out great. I try to do it so there are no scratches on the clear coat from bad washing.

First I used deionized water and I have a nice large tank here at my house that I roll out on a plant stand (thank you for that tip @CaptainGizmo ).
I test my water after I have the tank connected to the pressure washer and I run the water through it to get all the water that’s sitting in the tank out and make sure it’s as close to or at 0 using a TDS meter. I retest again 1/2 way through and at the end. Here in the desert, DI water is essential and I use it end to end wetting the coach, in the soap bucket, and the rinse. No skimping on DI water.
I set up 4 HD buckets 3 for soap and one for rinsing the Mary moppins lambs wool.
I wash sections at a time and just swap out the buckets as I move along. I rinse the lambs wool every other dunk in the fresh water before the soap to remove any possible grit or contaminants.
Even though you can let your coach dry without wiping it down, today I used a leaf blower to remove any excess water and soapy water that might be hiding in seams. This makes a huge difference you will have no or very minimal drips after.
I did the whole coach in 2 hours and put gear away after.
I think the time savings can be attributed to having a systemic approach and the leaf blower. The less you touch it the less chance for any scratches.
I really like the Mary moppins lambswool hand mitt and pole mitts. Available on Amazon. They aren’t cheap but they last a long time if you treat them well.
I use the shurhold pole and swivel pad mitt tool. These work really well.

IMG_3818.jpeg
IMG_3817.jpeg

Gorgeous coach!

Great idea with the Leaf blower!!

Now come to Florida & wash my "lowly" NEWMAR!;)
Nothing lowly about Newmar. I had two of them and really liked my Ventana. It was the DW fault 100% we are where we are. Always easy to blame when they aren’t listening or watching. 🤣.

Nothing lowly about Newmar. I had two of them and really liked my Ventana. It was the DW fault 100% we are where we are. Always easy to blame when they aren’t listening or watching. 🤣.
I truly love my Canyon Star "3710". Ideal for the two of us! And with the addition of Liquid Spring suspension, drive, rides & handles fantastic! No desire to replace!

The "blower" is a great idea, and I will probably use it next week! Got to get it washed, waxed, & ready to go to Tampa, but staying at a great "RV Park/ Ranch in Bradenton, as a change this year!

Happy New Year!!

Life is good @sheridany. What a magnificent beast you have there you lucky devil. Is this a daily ritual you have going on with the coach?😎🙄👏👍

Life is good @sheridany. What a magnificent beast you have there you lucky devil. Is this a daily ritual you have going on with the coach?😎🙄👏👍
Thank you for your kind words. No. Only when it needs it. We had rain recently so that was the incentive to do it. As you know traveling is dependent on what parks allow you to do it so it is a dirty coach typically until we get home although the front gets attention more often to get the bugs off.

Latest resources

Back