• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Watching them back-in.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Give me a site that has driver side back-in and I'm fine. I still need a load of practice with the passenger side back in. Granted that one time it was my first, I had 4 cars waiting to get by which, I know I shouldn't but, I felt really guilty holding up their path. And I had my boyfriend (no longer a boyfriend) "helping" me. But yeah, I've had to back out of a pull-through site due to trees and it was a smooth exit. This 40' 5th wheel has a lot of blind space on the passenger side.

I was at one spot where a couple came in. I couldn't see their site from mine so when they pulled back around the first time I didn't think anything of it. The second time they pulled around the lady was driving. The third time they pulled around I couldn't help but take the short walk to see what they were dealing with. The fourth time they went around the owner of the park was standing out shaking his head. Apparently they thought if they just approached the space at the correct angle they would just back in easy peasy. Round #5 they pulled back up to the office and the owner gave them a pull through site. It was interesting.

I am not the best backer in the world, but with the help of my wife on speaker phone I usually get it done. Best experience I ever had backing was this winter in Brenda, Az. at the Desert Gold RV Park. A park employee led me to the space in his golf cart and then proceeded to instruct me exactly where to position the trailer, the direction and how much to turn my wheels and when to stop. He had me in a space and ready to set up in 5 minutes all while standing by my driver's door giving instructions.

I always carry a supply of business cards from a divorce attorney who I have a finders fee arrangement with. RV Parks / Campgrounds are pretty lucrative but Boat Ramps are by far the best.
It becomes very clear very fast who is content with themselves and who isn't when you travel in an RV.

I'm now fully onboard with the thought that RVing full-time should be a prerequisite for marriage. If you still like each other after six months than you're golden.

Give me a site that has driver side back-in and I'm fine. I still need a load of practice with the passenger side back in. Granted that one time it was my first, I had 4 cars waiting to get by which, I know I shouldn't but, I felt really guilty holding up their path. And I had my boyfriend (no longer a boyfriend) "helping" me. But yeah, I've had to back out of a pull-through site due to trees and it was a smooth exit. This 40' 5th wheel has a lot of blind space on the passenger side.

I was at one spot where a couple came in. I couldn't see their site from mine so when they pulled back around the first time I didn't think anything of it. The second time they pulled around the lady was driving. The third time they pulled around I couldn't help but take the short walk to see what they were dealing with. The fourth time they went around the owner of the park was standing out shaking his head. Apparently they thought if they just approached the space at the correct angle they would just back in easy peasy. Round #5 they pulled back up to the office and the owner gave them a pull through site. It was interesting.
Yeah driver side backs are a cake walk. It's them blind side back in's that make ya think a little and play with the mirrors. I hate parks that are set up as blind side back in. It's just plain poor planning. Heck even some truck stops are poorly done this way. The Pennsylvania turnpike 76 has nothing but blind side backs for trucks at their rest stops. I always tried to make sure I could cross it with out stopping if I could.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back