Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question We just bought a new 2021 Zinger by Crossroads it has a Cable/ Sat Jack outside but when I hook up my Satellite to it and hook up from the Jack insid

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sandyfeet

RVF Newbee
Why is my Satellite not working coming into my TV it has a Satellite port outside but won’t get power to my Satellite outside hook it up directly and it works??

So, are you seeing separate “Cable” and “Satellite” inputs? Are you sure what you are hooking up to is really a satellite input? A true satellite input will usually be so-labeled. Generally, there is no combined input connection unless there is some special switching inside the RV. And, in my experience, that would be very unusual.

If it is labeled as both cable and satellite, then look for some A/B switches inside.

TJ

Did you change then settings on the TV via menu to Satellite instead of cable?

Yes it has jacks out label Cable/ Satellite. I have found no switches inside only the 2 jacks by the Tv and I’ve tried both. Is there anything on top of camper by the Winegard antenna I need to switch I looked and found nothing on the outside of it.?

Yes it has jacks out label Cable/ Satellite. I have found no switches inside only the 2 jacks by the Tv and I’ve tried both. Is there anything on top of camper by the Winegard antenna I need to switch I looked and found nothing on the outside of it.?
You should not have to do anything to the winegard from the top of the camper. There are winegard switches inside. Pictures of the equipment and output you have would help.

From the Crossroads owners manual”

“How do I hook up an outside satellite antenna?

If your unit is equipped with an external satellite jack, hook the satellite antenna to the jack and hook the satellite receiver to the connection provided inside.

If your unit is not equipped with a satellite connection, run a cable directly from your satellite dish to the receiver. The cable hook-up that is provided with some units will not carry the satellite signal.“

Apparently, there is a separate “satellite” connection inside the RV that mates with the one outside. Connect the sat receiver to that one and the TV to the sat receiver. And, be sure your TV input is set to “Satellite.”

If that doesn’t help, I suggest that you call the Crossroads customer service folks at (866) 425-4369 and have them talk you through the process. Good luck.

TJ

Last edited:
From the Crossroads owners manual”

“How do I hook up an outside satellite antenna?

If your unit is equipped with an external satellite jack, hook the satellite antenna to the jack and hook the satellite receiver to the connection provided inside.

If your unit is not equipped with a satellite connection, run a cable directly from your satellite dish to the receiver. The cable hook-up that is provided with some units will not carry the satellite signal.“

Apparently, there is a separate “satellite” connection inside the RV that mates with the one outside. Connect the sat receiver to that one and the TV to the sat receiver. And, be sure your TV input is set to “Satellite.”

If that doesn’t help, I suggest that you call the Crossroads customer service folks at (866) 425-4369 And have them talk you through the process. Good luck.

TJ
You are so helpful and reliable.

Why is my Satellite not working coming into my TV it has a Satellite port outside but won’t get power to my Satellite outside hook it up directly and it works??
I am having same problem….my outside hookup is only satellite. The only switch I am aware of is the booster antenna switch… I’ve tried that on and off. No power

Latest resources

Back