• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Stand by, @Jim; @Neal will be along shortly to sell you a dash cam! :ROFLMAO:

TJ
police security GIF

We wandered around on Duval Street today, going back tomorrow now that we know where to go. Ate where the locals eat, it was good! Took some random pics. Key West is a no-fly zone, so no drone video. :(

DSCN2235.JPG

DSCN2237.JPG

DSCN2240.JPG

DSCN2241.JPG

Everywhere you go there are chickens walking around! So I asked one of the locals what's up with the chickens? He said (so the story goes) that they were originally brought over from the Caribbean Islands and Cuba to be used for cock fighting. Later, when the practice was outlawed, the chickens/roosters were let go. Also to note, Key West is a bird sanctuary, so it became illegal to hurt the chickens, so they just wandered around and made themselves at home.

Who knew?

DSCN2291.JPG

DSCN2294.JPG

DSCN2295.JPG

DSCN2282.JPG

DSCN2286.JPG

Last edited:
Jim, are you using Ham Radio in the coach? Just got an Allegro Bus and wondering what to do.
73 Karl N1DL VE7ZDL
Hi Karl, and welcome to the forum.

I've got an ICOM IC-706 MKIIG that I plan to use. That covers 11-meters for CB, 2-meters for the times I"m in the RV park, and all the other HF freqs as well. I have not decided what kind of antenna to use yet so the radio is part of my ever-growing list of things to do!

Check out @JoeHogan's threads, he has some pretty good info in a couple of them.

Latest resources

Back