Well, it finally happened

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When I get a crack it is a 6 week wait for the windshield to be made :mad:

Here is a discussion about them. They are great product.

I was hesitant to spend the $$ and waited a couple years to do it, but it's one of the best things I've added to the coach. Keeps the front much cooler and adds a level of privacy to the front when the shade is open.

They came to do the windshield yesterday morning, and I'm happy to report everything went well and the front end looks just like normal again. Just in time for Tampa! 20200109_084739.jpg

Wow, that looks like quite a job. I would have thought there would be some kind of device to lift it into place. Good ol manpower I guess?

That amazed me too. Two guys did all the work at my house. About 3 hrs total.

It’s funny how this windshield damage happens. We went twelve years with no incidents. Thought we were charmed. Then last summer we had two rock chip incidents within a two week stretch.

Both were tossed up by passing cars.

Fortunately, neither one left a crack and we got them both repaired fairly easily.

In the process, I discovered that my insurance company, State Farm, no longer pays for rock chip repairs. Seems rather short-sided to me since a chip that progresses to a crack that requires a new windshield is a very pricy claim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A-1 Coach Glass, in Coburg, OR makes most of the windshields used in buses and MH''s. They have a facility in FL and one in Phoenix as well. You can contact them here: 888-777-6778. They have done the jeep once, and my old MH twice, both times the quote was more than the actual price of the repair. Great Company to do business with.
For us, if we make claim for glass replacement (not repair) we lose a discount on our premiums 3 years out, so we are loosing 2800 and paying out 2100 out of pocket, keeping the 2800 is better than loosing the 2100. So far we have been lucky no windshields and we have about 13,500 on new coach.

Latest resources

Back