Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What are the best Cellular data plans currently available???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have the CAT-18 & I work from my RV. I typically access remote servers to transmit & receive files, send multi Mb attachments via email, attend ZOOM & Skype meetings. I am fortunate that the RV park we are sheltering in place at has really good WiFi, so we stream all our media entertainment that way. I use cellular connectivity exclusively for work & any financial transactions. Cellular data consumption varies by month based on work load, however, the average data consumption has been 91GB a month over the last 9 months.
The AT&T plan at Mobile Must Have is indeed expensive. The good news is that it has worked reliably since May, 2020 with no increase in the initial base rate. The bad news, the upfront charge has continued to increase as has the monthly charge & they now have a hard stop at 500GB.
I sympathize with you as the equipment is certainly more capable of providing what we need compared to what the cellular providers are allowing us to use.

I’d get the T-mobile plan, then get iPad sims from your cell phone provider, they are usually 20 or so a month. I have several cell phones with att, so I got a couple iPad sims for my iPad and the wife’s, and they work great in my Max transit and MR1100, unthrottled. If I moved my cell plan to Verizon I could do the same thing there I was told by a Verizon rep.

We are getting ready to purchase the FMCA Sprint plan for 50.00 a month and unlimited, unlike the FMCA Verizon plan that has a data cap. I currently have a Verizon unlimited grandfather plan for 65 bucks a month.

Here is the description of the FMCA spring plan.
"The Sprint Mobile Hotspot plan is a truly unlimited data plan with no data cap. Sprint does, however, reserve the right to network manage at any point and this can happen in congested areas from time to time."

We are getting ready to purchase the FMCA Sprint plan for 50.00 a month and unlimited, unlike the FMCA Verizon plan that has a data cap. I currently have a Verizon unlimited grandfather plan for 65 bucks a month.

Here is the description of the FMCA spring plan.
"The Sprint Mobile Hotspot plan is a truly unlimited data plan with no data cap. Sprint does, however, reserve the right to network manage at any point and this can happen in congested areas from time to time."
Well lets all hope that the Elon Musk plan of satellite cell service with current data plans come to fruition. Hughs has a satellite plan but good gravy its expensive.

I just picked up the ATT 100GB/$55 prepaid plan yesterday. I then dropped one of my $20/mon ATT lines.. may drop another one I have for lack of use.. going to wait and see.

I really hope Verizon falls in line and offers something to compete.. how could they not with ATT and T-Mobile both doing so? I recently went back and pickedup a hotspot plan for the summer travel season. I canceled my previous plan last year as they throttled me hard at 25GB or so. The Verizon agent told me they'll now let you go to 30GB or so before doing that. There's just times where I need a Verizon option, so I reupped at $45/mon and they sent a new SIM for my 8800L.

So currently I'm running my CAT18 Peplink with T-Mobile as Primary and ATT as backup, with the ATT Nighthawk on the WAN port with the new ATT 100GB plan, and my 8800L with the Verizon sim on 5Ghz Wifi as WAN. At least I have all my options now.

I'll run this for the summer travel season. Testing at home, my setup runs about 30-40% faster with Verizon in the mix vs just ATT and T-Mobile. We'll see what happens IRL.

That would be much better than the T-Mobile 100GB/$50 IMHO. People that don't have the gold nugget Mobley plan should dive on this like white on rice! If my cell plans weren't adding up to "horrendous" I may dive on this myself for something I need at home.

I just picked up the ATT 100GB/$55 prepaid plan yesterday. I then dropped one of my $20/mon ATT lines.. may drop another one I have for lack of use.. going to wait and see.

I really hope Verizon falls in line and offers something to compete.. how could they not with ATT and T-Mobile both doing so? I recently went back and pickedup a hotspot plan for the summer travel season. I canceled my previous plan last year as they throttled me hard at 25GB or so. The Verizon agent told me they'll now let you go to 30GB or so before doing that. There's just times where I need a Verizon option, so I reupped at $45/mon and they sent a new SIM for my 8800L.

So currently I'm running my CAT18 Peplink with T-Mobile as Primary and ATT as backup, with the ATT Nighthawk on the WAN port with the new ATT 100GB plan, and my 8800L with the Verizon sim on 5Ghz Wifi as WAN. At least I have all my options now.

I'll run this for the summer travel season. Testing at home, my setup runs about 30-40% faster with Verizon in the mix vs just ATT and T-Mobile. We'll see what happens IRL.

Still not available on ipad as of this moment. Still only 25 GB for $40/mo.

Still not available on ipad as of this moment. Still only 25 GB for $40/mo.
can you just get the SIM and not tell them what it's for, or fib, whatever just to get the SIM then put it where you want it.

can you just get the SIM and not tell them what it's for, or fib, whatever just to get the SIM then put it where you want it.
They only let you get it in the store. I don't see why you couldn't take your ipad with you.

Latest resources

Back