Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What are the best Cellular data plans currently available???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What is MVNO?
An MVNO is a company who sells cellular service but doesn't have their own physical network. They resell one or more of the three networks, i.e., AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon.

Big names are Cricket, Visible, Metro, Consumer Cellular, Mint Mobile, Google Fi, Page Plus just to name a few. I guess Cricket, Visible and Metro are somewhat special because they're owned by the company that they resell.

Don't confuse these with the numerous LTE resellers. Sometimes I hear them referred to as MVNOs but they're a much lessor entity and have a less well defined relationship with the carriers or often no official relationship at all.

Last edited:
FMCA still has a Sprint plan that is truly unlimited. A friend has the plan and he put on 300 to 500 GB per month and for 50.00 bucks, not a bad deal. Doesn't have as good coverage as Verizon, or AT&T but with the merge with T-Mobil I understand the coverage is getting better every day.

An MVNO is a company who sells cellular service but doesn't have their own physical network. They resell one or more of the three networks, i.e., AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon.

Big names are Cricket, Visible, Metro, Consumer Cellular, Mint Mobile, Google Fi, Page Plus just to name a few. I guess Cricket, Visible and Metro are somewhat special because they're owned by the company that they resell.

Don't confuse these with the numerous LTE resellers. Sometimes I hear them referred to as MVNOs but they're a much lessor entity and have a less well defined relationship with the carriers or often no official relationship at all.
Thanks

I’d get the T-mobile plan, then get iPad sims from your cell phone provider, they are usually 20 or so a month. I have several cell phones with att, so I got a couple iPad sims for my iPad and the wife’s, and they work great in my Max transit and MR1100, unthrottled. If I moved my cell plan to Verizon I could do the same thing there I was told by a Verizon rep.
How many gigs would you get with the iPad sims for $20/mo? I can afford the Peplink equipment but I'm trying to figure out a way to get the sim cards with enough data every month that I need without having to get a second job to pay for it. :oops:

We are getting ready to purchase the FMCA Sprint plan for 50.00 a month and unlimited, unlike the FMCA Verizon plan that has a data cap. I currently have a Verizon unlimited grandfather plan for 65 bucks a month.

Here is the description of the FMCA spring plan.
"The Sprint Mobile Hotspot plan is a truly unlimited data plan with no data cap. Sprint does, however, reserve the right to network manage at any point and this can happen in congested areas from time to time."
Gizmo, Have you been using the FMCA Sprint sim card? Is it truly unlimited? Are you using it in a Peplink router?

Latest resources

Back