Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What dash navigation unit is installed in a 2024 Dutch Star?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Joe Hogan

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4311
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Getting ready to purchase a Garmin 1095 but wonder what is the standard GPS installed in the 2024 DSDP? Any experience with this model?

I believe it is still the Xite with Nav-n-Go navigation.

Not been able to try ours yet since it won’t find satellites, which is getting fixed this week.

However, I do like leaving the cameras up on the dash while the wife uses the Garmin we have also. Could do the same thing with the dual monitor option that Newmar has as well I guess.

I like having at least two sources so I would recommend getting a Garmin unit regardless of what’s in the dash. Also I don’t know about the Nav-N-Go system but the current Xite dash radio has Apple Carplay so you’ll be able to use Google or Apple maps on that as a second source if you’re not satisfied with Nav-N-Go. As for the Garmin 1095, its a bit improved over the 1090, but a 1090 refurb is going for $470 on Amazon.

Last edited:
ours has the Xite with Nav-n-Go navigation, I do not trust it, the DW uses her phone to double check it, it does some strange stuff in some locations, on I-90 through Cleveland, it kept trying to re-route me, no idea why

ours has the Xite with Nav-n-Go navigation, I do not trust it, the DW uses her phone to double check it, it does some strange stuff in some locations, on I-90 through Cleveland, it kept trying to re-route me, no idea why
Sounds like the Xite has not improved over the one we had in the 2018. Garmin it is...

One less item on the “to get“ check list for the new DSDP.

IMG_0624.jpeg

Nice choice.

Been looking at those from time to time. Looks like a nice upgrade from the 890 we have but hasn’t been worth it to pull the trigger based on cost.

One less item on the “to get“ check list for the new DSDP.

View attachment 20661
The one feature my 890 and the 1090 dont have is the Sat View pic of the destination - I’d find that handy but for now do it with my second source. Also the weather overlay looks like a nice feature.

Last edited:
Xite with Nav-n-Go navigation And it has been less than stellar, it even has a “feature” that shuts the screen off in the middle of navigation. The volume knob is still to deep and require adding something to the inside of knob so that it works, my 2018 had the same exact issue🤔
Definitely not trust worthy.

Latest resources

Back