Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is the best pellet smoker?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Another brand I hear good things about is the grilla brand. Never owned one but I hear good things.

@Jim I had the Davey Crockett for over 3 years and loved it. When GMG came out with a stand for the Trek I decided to replace the DC

View attachment 16380

I leave the stand in Florida during our summer travels. Nice feature is the fire box is adjustable without taking it apart so you can get even cooking temperatures. Doesn’t travel as well as the Davey Crockett did
Who here thinks @NWIP should get a Daniel Boone (renamed to Ledge now) for his strip of paradise in Ft. Myers?

Couldn't get any support on fixing the heat flux problem on my Asmoke, so I sent it back. Looking to replace it with either a Green Mountain or Traeger. I guess the Davy Crocket is the right one for an RV?

Jim,

I can help you out. I partnered with my friend @Ericrowley18 in 2012 to start theBBQHQ.com and he's taken off with it; carrying every major brand with the exception of Traeger.

We've tested all the small portables. Weight is an issue on the little guys. I really enjoyed the Camp Chef Pursuit and it fit into the bay of the Dutch Star nicely.

GMG is one FANTASTIC company for many reasons. I contracted with them to design their WiFi app and it's really been a great addition to their already great Prime series!

You can't go wrong with the TREK (that's the new Davey Crockett) if you have the space and can lift it!!

The cool thing about the GMG line is they've carried 12v power over to the larger grills, which allows the fan to be VARIABLE speed. Makes temp control a lot better than the AC versions of the past.

Please reach out to Eric at the shop and he'll get you all you need. Tell them Steve sent you from RVF

Eric Rowley
theBBQHQ.com
‭(805) 285-2618‬
[email protected]

I guess the quest for a new BBQ/Smoker ended a few days ago when a Traeger Ranger showed up, complements of Amazon. Turns out, Trish has been wanting to surprise me with an anniversary gift, and she ordered the Traeger for me (us). :)

So it's not a Green Mountain, but it's still a very nice smoker, and it seemed to get positive reviews. I put it together last night and I think we'll initiate it this weekend.

81ewF09SroL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Very nice we expect a full review after the weekend.

Since we're talk'n...keep your eye on the lookout for the HALO, lithium-powered pellet grill!!

Eric @ thebbqhq.com says he'll be getting them in the next 2-3 weeks; they look really good! And you can be SURE I'll be field testing one as soon as we get one in stock!

Since we're talk'n...keep your eye on the lookout for the HALO, lithium-powered pellet grill!!
What a great idea, and it looks like a great grill!

Enjoy the new Treager. Have enjoyed ours since switching from the GMG Davey Crockett.

I picked up one of these for the Traeger and will probably get another for the Webber Q

VILLEY Portable Camping Table... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VK9N8PG/?tag=rvf01-20

Enjoy the new Treager.
Thank you, Dennis!

I did the burn in this morning and then put on a rack of ribs. Had to cut the rack in half to make them fit. The temp never varied more than 5 degrees up/down, and I find that to be very acceptable.

DSCN0299.JPG

DSCN0309.JPG

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back