Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is the best pellet smoker?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don’t have the 350. I have the 300. Bought it when they first came out. I’ve had no problems with the other brands. I apologize. I don’t have an adapter on mine

@Jim in the asmoke website they say you can use any pellet and they make no mention of an adapter.

1667921500588.png

Same type of message for Green Mountain Grills. Just like selling printers, toners is the money maker. Pellets is probably a big revenue stream for these grill companies when you only buy a grill every X years.

I have a Green Mountain and a Traeger and both of them say to use their pellets because other brands are sub-standard quality. :LOL:

Couldn't get any support on fixing the heat flux problem on my Asmoke, so I sent it back. Looking to replace it with either a Green Mountain or Traeger. I guess the Davy Crocket is the right one for an RV?

I have a Davey Crocket for the RV and Daniel Boone for home.

Have the Daniel Boone at home, none in the coach. I had the igniter go bad a year or so after purchase. Called GMG and they sent me a replacement n/c. We have really enjoyed the unit.

@Jim re you looking for something to carry in the LADP? If yes you should talk to @CaptainGizmo as he has a buddy that owns quite the bbq store here in CA carrying just about every brand there is. I was looking at the GMG replacement for the Davy Crockett and the camp chef. Both excellent grills. I opted to stay with an existing gas grill that I already owned as that works best for us and having to carry it underneath. Lots of choices.

Good luck.

Had the GMG Davey Crockett in our Forester. Liked it so much we bought the Daniel Boone for the house. Never an issue with either one.

That said the setup etc of the Davey Crockett was a hassle for us so we recently replaced it with the Traeger Ranger. Little smaller than the Davey Crockett but have done a 10 lb brisket in it so, big enough. Runs a little different than the GMG but happy with the performance so far.

@Jim I had the Davey Crockett for over 3 years and loved it. When GMG came out with a stand for the Trek I decided to replace the DC

626FF1B9-B950-439E-B3BC-05797AAAE187.jpeg

I leave the stand in Florida during our summer travels. Nice feature is the fire box is adjustable without taking it apart so you can get even cooking temperatures. Doesn’t travel as well as the Davey Crockett did

Latest resources

Back