Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What's Happening at Deer Springs RV Park?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks, Jim. We had a wonderful time and appreciate the hospitality you and Trish extended during our stay. We look forward to seeing y'all next fall, 2024.

Isn't there an old saying about leaving the gate open and see who wanders in? Just teasing, of course! We're thrilled to welcome back Buddy (affectionately known as Glampdaddy) and his wonderful wife, Jeanette!

During their tenure as campground hosts at Deer Springs in our inaugural year, Jeanette was hugely helpful. She assisted guests with parking, ensured all paperwork was completed, tidied up sites post-departure, and maintained the dog stations impeccably. As for Buddy, well, we're still not sure what he did!

So they're visiting for a few days, and it's great to see their beautiful Mountain Aire adding a touch of glamour to the park once again!

DSCN4234.JPG

DSCN4238.JPG

Im sure he helped with quality control on the ribs and bourbon…

Isn't there an old saying about leaving the gate open and see who wanders in? Just teasing, of course! We're thrilled to welcome back Buddy (affectionately known as Glampdaddy) and his wonderful wife, Jeanette!
What can I say? The gate was open just wide enough....

We're absolutely delighted to drop in on Jim and Trish during their off-season, share a bit of bourbon and exchange a few sea stories from days gone by. It's an amazing evening at Deer Springs - perfect weather for sitting out at the new Site 13, taking in the awesome views.

Thanks for leaving the gate open guys!

@Jim walking his new friend, Franklin, the automatic goat/mowing machine. Off-leash, too!

Attachments

• Jim-Franklin walk.mov
    19.1 MB
@Jim walking his new friend, Franklin, the automatic goat/mowing machine. Off-leash, too!
Is Franklin allowed off leash under the rules of the park? Besides what’s the point if u have to follow it around😀

Imagine if there was a bus washing Franklin. Sign me up.

Besides what’s the point if u have to follow it around😀
I agree, that would be pretty useless! But here's how it works. Franklin receives information from a RTK (real-time kinematic) navigation system, which knows where he is by somewhat the same process that your car knows where it is using GPS.

To train Franklin on the areas he's supposed to maintain, you "steer" him around the area you want mowed. Then you "save" it under the name of that area. So what you see is me guiding him around the mow area and him mapping it into his memory.

It's a pretty cool system, but not one that is without problems. First, there is the fear that someone will run over him as he crosses over to a lawn. Or him getting tangled up in a sewer hose, etc. And finding a good location for his "home" can be problematic as well, given that he needs a good signal for his GPS. Like yesterday, I found that letting him live under one of the gazebos isn't a good idea, given the metal roof interferes with the GPS.

So yeah, there's a learning curve. But we'll work it out. :)

What did I do? Why is my name being associated with something like this? You realize this could cause a major setback in my recovery!:(:(😭😭

Latest resources

Back