Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What's the fastest & most logical route for RV from LA to Grand Canyon?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Michelle_4444

RVF Regular
Hi, we'll be renting an RV in August from LA for 10 days for a trip with our 3 teenage kids through the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and ending in Las Vegas. Our big dilemma is that we want to get as quickly as possible from LA to the Grand Canyon and hoped to make only one overnight stop on the way, however all the different routes we've tried leave us with a 7-hour drive on either day 1 or day 2. We're wondering whether driving 7 hours in one day is bearable or whether it's way too much and will put a damper on the trip. Any opinions on best route to get as quickly as possible to Grand Canyon without wasting 2 nights on the way?
Thank you! :)

Seven hours is by no means a long day of driving. My young kids (oldest is almost six) have no problem with ten hour days as long as there are tablets are available. I’m guessing teenagers would be the same with phones?

Also, when I was thirteen, I drove with a church youth group seventeen hours to San Felipe, Mexico with no stops aside from food and gas. There were no electronic devices in sight, and we did just fine. Kids get over boredom quickly.

It's all relative...for us a seven hour day is "max"! We prefer to keep it around five hours. However if I had to choose, make your seven hour day the first day. You'll be excited, energized, and able to handle the long day better than the 2nd day. Blessings and have fun 😉

Latest resources

Back