Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What's the hottest weather you've traveled or camped in?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bpaikman

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 3436
RV Length
35 feet
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
I was reviewing our upcoming trip in mid-August and we'll be spending our second night at Copper Breaks State Park near Quanah, Texas.
I was looking at the weather app today ....it says all this week it'll be in the upper 100s ....I'm seeing temperatures at 107, 108....😬. we'll have 50 amp hookups, but arriving 3 pm-ish. Yikes. Hoping it will be raining Aug 14.
Can our 2 AC's handle it?
Right now we're sitting at ppl in Houston while they fix a minor issue - 90 degrees, no big deal.

Insulation pillows with reflectix in your ceiling vets, Magne Shades on windshield, entry door, and cab windows. Reflectix over shower skylight.
I also put a rubber weatherstrip around the entry door to help reduce heat exchange around the door.

Did I miss anything?

To answer the question 95 degrees with 85% humidity. But that was in a 30 ft class C with only one A/C. I had to leave the air dump vent open to get to 74 degrees inside, and the A/C ran continuously from sun up towel beyond sun down.

Last edited:
Hottest!! Just recently, in Ogallala Nebraska, July 10th & 11th, was 106 degrees!
Magnashades worked great!
Set thermostat for 73 degrees, and stayed 73-75 the whole time!
Got to love the insulation in a Newmar!

I know I camped in 100 degree + weather but that was in my Itasca Meridian. The old AC's couldn't keep up. Right now I am in Wilson Kansas, temp outside is 95 degrees. Temp in front of coach is 74 degrees with both AC's running.

Insulation pillows with reflectix in your ceiling vets, Magne Shades on windshield, entry door, and cab windows. Reflectix over shower skylight.
I also put a rubber weatherstrip around the entry door to help reduce heat exchange around the door.

Did I miss anything?

To answer the question 95 degrees with 85% humidity. But that was in a 30 ft class C with only one A/C. I had to leave the air dump vent open to get to 74 degrees inside, and the A/C ran continuously from sun up towel beyond sun down.
yikes --checking out magnashades

Magneshades sound like a lot of work and expense for 2-3 days. We have the Newmar parked outside our house now, hooked up to 50 amp, both A/Cs. 92 degrees ('feels like' 104 - due to humidity). Perfectly comfortable ins the motorhome, with just the shades.
We're still thinking. It could be 15 degrees hotter in Quanah

The key here is to get a jump on the heat by running the generator while traveling and have both a/c’s on. When you get to your spot the coach will already be cooled down.

Magneshades sound like a lot of work and expense for 2-3 days. We have the Newmar parked outside our house now, hooked up to 50 amp, both A/Cs. 92 degrees ('feels like' 104 - due to humidity). Perfectly comfortable ins the motorhome, with just the shades.
We're still thinking. It could be 15 degrees hotter in Quanah
Yes, I don’t use them for really short stays, but then I never tried 104 degrees. Fir a short stay, in that weather, I would likely keep all of the shades closed.😎

The key here is to get a jump on the heat by running the generator while traveling and have both a/c’s on. When you get to your spot the coach will already be cooled down.
I was thinking the same. And the cab AC ....is pretty good... We took the coach back to storage place just now, 15 min drive, and the cab AC was too cold for me.

Yes, I don’t use them for really short stays, but then I never tried 104 degrees. Fir a short stay, in that weather, I would likely keep all of the shades closed.😎
agree....

Latest resources

Back