Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What's wrong with this picture?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
And it takes hundreds if not thousands of hours to build the Prevost and the Marathon conversion giving work to many, many individuals. If a company doesn’t make a profit it will not be in business long. If the business is gone the loss of jobs follow.
Nothing wrong with profit. It’s needed for companies to survive. But companies these days do not seem to realize that their profit comes from their employees and that if they fail to keep up with inflation , if they continue to shower the top ranks with golden parachutes while the lower ranks get just enough, then their product will suffer because the workers are not incentived to produce a product that is as quality under the skin as it is on the surface.

Take care of your employees and they will take care of the customer, and everything else.

That is a starting salary of $50,000/yr. People today don’t seem to understand starting pay ishoukd not be final pay. Hopefully, pay will increase with experience.
Sure, it’s not final pay.

If you work really hard and we all do a good job, you might get a 3% annual wage increase.

Inflation meanwhile is at 5-6%.

That
Sure, it’s not final pay.

If you work really hard and we all do a good job, you might get a 3% annual wage increase.

Inflation meanwhile is at 5-6%.
That is why you work towards promotions and not just the average yearly pay Increase. Someone once said - if you work more than you get paid, eventually you will be paid more than you work. Those that move up the ladder pay their dues for the salaries they command.

Metting minimum requirement yields minimum pay. The stars rise to the top.

Inflation is not the companies concern. In years gone by people went to school on their time, or worked a second job to get ahead. Today no one wants to pay their dues.

That

is why you work towards promotions and not just the average yearly pay. Someone once said - if you work more than you get paid, eventually you will be paid more than you work. Those that move up the ladder pay their dues for the salaries they command.
if only the world still worked that way. Very few companies these days promote from within rather than hire externally.

How many executives or even middle managers today started “on the front lines” of the company? Exceedingly few.

Today a career may involve working for multiple employers, and in two or more different fields in one career.

Today a career may involve working for multiple employers, and in two or more different fields in one career.
This.

One thing I have taught my children and frankly, shared with any young professional looking for advice is to have no corporate loyalty. That’s not to advocate for doing illegal or even immoral things, but simply take care of yourself first. The days of a lifetime pension and gold Rolex after 30+ years of dedicated, loyal service to a company are long gone. I get asked every once in a while how I got where I am, so (relatively) fast and the answer is unfortunately, that I changed companies every few years. Not because I wanted to, because I had to.

Newmar couldn't offer rates at this level due to the competition in the Elkhart area. If you're in a remote location such as Marathon, presumably, it can be to your advantage to pay less as a business but you won't get the people or skills. If you want people to relocate then you better anty up. Importing great people to do great work would be an option if pay wasn't an insult. I can't imagine how hard it is for HWH to get their mission done in that remote location of Moscow, IA. And obviously it's become a problem as HWH Active Air installs are suspended for this reason.

1641307107655.png

1641307536967.png

Certainly a very good and insightful thread that answers a lot of questions about why things are the way they are and why it's important to learn to work on your RV and have communities such as this to help each other.

Latest resources

Back