Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DMan1717

RVF Regular
After 2 tire blow outs and the damage to the undercarriage, does anyone or place sell wheel tire liners for a Forest River Cedar Creek? A liner would help prevent the damage that occurs when the tire blows and tire pieces tear apart the undercarriage. And, YES we are replacing all the tire "bombs" with Goodyear tires. As soon as we get our RV repaired.

I had a blowout on class A diesel that destroyed two storage/utility bays and went looking for the same thing. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything purpose built. Wound up buying the largest heavy duty trucker mud flap made from tire rubber I could find, and repair shop is trimming them to size and installing them in the wheel wells when repairs are completed in about two more weeks. I was fortunate to have little exterior damage to deal with, just a new fender flare and paint to match.

I had a blowout on class A diesel that destroyed two storage/utility bays and went looking for the same thing. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything purpose built. Wound up buying the largest heavy duty trucker mud flap made from tire rubber I could find, and repair shop is trimming them to size and installing them in the wheel wells when repairs are completed in about two more weeks. I was fortunate to have little exterior damage to deal with, just a new fender flare and paint to match.
Thank you for that info. I'll look into that.

A few weeks ago you gave me the best info on wheel lines, RV-De-Fender. NOW do you know who in Florida might sell and INSTALL them?
I’m not sure of your mechanical abilities, but it would require the removal of the wheel/hub assembly and the break bad backing plate. Most any trailer repair shop should be able to do it.

Latest resources

Back