Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Where are you going as Winter closes out?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Those of you that have been hunkered down for Winter, tell us your travel plans and great destinations ahead. Are you ready to de-winterize and hit the road? How has it been for you making campground reservations? As I gear up to leave Casa Grande and hear north west it's been interesting making reservations. Things are more challenging as we all expected.

Spring Trip - A loop - Colorado - Guadalupe NP - Galveston - Missouri - Florida Panhandle - Naples - then heading North to Ohio - Michigan - Michigan UP and then back home to Colorado. Lots of stops on this loop. Looking forward to visiting Galveston, Miramar Beach, Navarre Beach, Sanibel Island, Michigan western seashore and the UP. We have not RV'd along the Gulf Coast so this will be a new experience for us. We will also be visiting family along the way. We'll be using this trip to decide what areas to visit along the Gulf Coast on our next trip.

I'll be de-winterizing in the next couple of weeks.

Spring Trip - A loop - Colorado - Guadalupe NP - Galveston - Missouri - Florida Panhandle - Naples - then heading North to Ohio - Michigan - Michigan UP and then back home to Colorado. Lots of stops on this loop. Looking forward to visiting Galveston, Miramar Beach, Navarre Beach, Sanibel Island, Michigan western seashore and the UP. We have not RV'd along the Gulf Coast so this will be a new experience for us. We will also be visiting family along the way. We'll be using this trip to decide what areas to visit along the Gulf Coast on our next trip.

I'll be de-winterizing in the next couple of weeks.
You are going a lot of the places I am. We (wife and I) are in Oklahoma now, headed to NE Ohio to see family, up through the UP of Michigan to get to our summer site in Moose Lake, Minnesota.

I’ve been hunkering down in Naples FL for the past few months and will be heading back to Maryland later this week.

I plan on attending the Newmar rally at the West Virginia State Fairgrounds in July (perhaps meet some of my fellow Newmar owners). This will be our first rally.

We also plan on heading out to CA and WA late summer timeframe to visit our kids.

Headed to Nappanee in another couple of weeks. We have other travel plans up thru June, but the rest of the summer is TBD.

in a week we will move on. We will likely stop at every why we come to and resite the child hood thing and use that to see what toe we will grab and go from there. That is as long as it is not south of the border.

Been enjoying & getting settled in our new RV Port home in St. Augustine. A lot of work & expense, as everything these days is an "add-on" or "extra"! Still need to get gutters & downspouts installed, then heading North back to Virginia, the first of June. And for us, our first long excursion planned for June & July.
From Cozy Acres in Powhatan, we go to Luray Caverns for a Newmar "Va. Wheels" Rally. Then back to Cozy Acres for a few days. Then 3 days of travel to join our first Newmar Caravan in Memphis for 21 excursion through Tn, Kentucky, & NC! From Asheville NC we have 3 days to get to Lewisburg Wva. for the Newmar International Rally, another 7 days. And then back to Cozy Acres in Va. for another 10 days, and finally back home to St. Augustine in early August!
Quite the trip for us, as this is our first "LONG" trip, a total of about 2 1/2 months on the road!
Anxious & Excited!

Probably a Florida West Coast trip in September to visit family.

And we have our first ever trip to the "Keys" in early November!

I know many of you have done such trips before, or are full timers; but this is new and different for us!:cool:

Latest resources

Back