• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Home after an impromptu month at our favorite desert hideaway. When we got home after our winter hiatus in February, we were treated to uninterrupted rain which of course is good for everyone (except those in flood prone areas) but gets a bit tiring. So back to the desert we went and this time we returned home to a delightful 75° temp, everything green, peace and quiet.

Our 600 mile drive back north was delightfully uneventful, including our traverse of the dreaded but predictable LA basin. No major damage or malfunctions on the trip, only one close call with a last minute gore point traverser (wish I got that on the dash cam), and we by-passed much of the treacherous pot-holy section of I-5 by taking HWY 33 north from Santa Nella. A bit slower but much more enjoyable and easier on the rig.
2C92B39D-7F22-4E30-A65F-CC13F4E44B40.jpeg

Home after an impromptu month at our favorite desert hideaway. When we got home after our winter hiatus in February, we were treated to uninterrupted rain which of course is good for everyone (except those in flood prone areas) but gets a bit tiring. So back to the desert we went and this time we returned home to a delightful 75° temp, everything green, peace and quiet.

Our 600 mile drive back north was delightfully uneventful, including our traverse of the dreaded but predictable LA basin. No major damage or malfunctions on the trip, only one close call with a last minute gore point traverser (wish I got that on the dash cam), and we by-passed much of the treacherous pot-holy section of I-5 by taking HWY 33 north from Santa Nella. A bit slower but much more enjoyable and easier on the rig.View attachment 17918
Absolutely beautiful place Rich.

Back at the dealership, went to de-winterize yesterday, turned the hose on and water was gushing out of the belly in 3 places, guess they screwed up the winterizing, be doing it myself next winter

A last minute getaway for the wife landed us at the KOA in Avila Beach (Central Coast CA) Sites are crowded but in the section we were assigned there were many unoccupied. $90.00 a night (full hookups) with better than average WiFi (no additional charge). We streamed Newsmax and movies with no "hitches" . Best part was we hopped on the Bob Jones trail and rode it all the way into Avila Beach and back (about a 10 mile round trip). Although there was evidence of drastic flooding, much of it was already cleaned up.

348s.jpg
348s.jpg

348s.jpg
348s.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1173.JPG
    IMG_1173.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
Paso Robles Ranch Rv, Paso Robles Ca. Really nice clean small rv park with decent wifi in the middle of the central coast wine area. Only 30 minutes from Morro Bay and the iconic rock.
IMG_4654.jpeg
IMG_4644.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back