• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Good on you for making the change, if only I knew. That site looks much better. Enjoy your stay.

Hearthside Grove, Petrosky MI

Originally in new section site 284, but not happy there so asked to be moved. Now in Site 315 for 1 night then 325 for the rest of stay(5 nights). Very happy with the decision to move. Wife loves the privacy and landscaping.

So far water is clear. T-Mobile home 114 Down 27 up.
Looks nice Ddmo! Do you get access to the casita?

No access to casita, but am currently sitting around outdoor gas fireplace and have use of the outdoor kitchen.

No access to casita, but am currently sitting around outdoor gas fireplace and have use of the outdoor kitchen.
To be honest, unless you know the owner, I've never seen a resort where the casita's were part of the deal. It sure is a beautiful park. If you don't mind, what are the rates?

$139 is the bottom end, that's what I chose and ended up in the new section, some are 200/night. And I believe Hearthside Grove is gas fires only...guess who's not going baaaackkkkk....

$139 is the bottom end, that's what I chose and ended up in the new section, some are 200/night. And I believe Hearthside Grove is gas fires only...guess who's not going baaaackkkkk....
They know their target market, that's for sure!

So,...after deciding to leave much later this year and months of patiently waiting for departure, we finally got on the road last Sunday morning headed for our first stop Southern Leisure RV in Chiefland FL. Wanted to top off the tank first, so filled up (fuel and DEF), and headed up the on ramp to the interstate. The coach wasn't responding and felt like it was derating, but no dash lights, so I headed for the shoulder of the ramp. I could tell the rear brakes were not releasing at that point for some reason, and I could hear air escaping/bypassing when I tried to move the parking brake knob. Of course this is Sunday afternoon, so I'm starting to have a bit of anxiety as to what to do. I found P&S Roadside Repair, a local company, that responded on the phone second ring and had a tech at our coach within 15 minutes he actually diagnosed the problem as an R14 valve in the brake system. he bypassed it which enabled us to roll and the brakes would work as normal, except it would purge a bit of air when on the brakes. At least we could get to our camp about 50 miles away. I was very couscous driving, but it really wasn't an issue. We changed campgrounds to be nearer to their shop to get it repaired, I found the correct part at the local Freightliner dealer, bought it and took the coach in this morning to get it installed. Showed up at their shop at 8am, and was out by 930! Can't say enough about their service!

With all that said, first, Southern Leisure. The management here was really great when we had to change our original plans. Gave us a full refund for unused time. Very nice campground just not a lot to do around the area except for the GREAT clam chowder at Tonys on Cedar Key.
20230814_093650.jpg

The next stop 3 days later is at Champions Run in Ocala. Beautiful park, very friendly staff, nice pool!! Finished service and once again ready for the rest of the trip, hopefully. Heading out on Saturday.

20230816_111729.jpg
20230816_131217.jpg

Latest resources

Back