• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Finally got out of Sidney NE. The things you see - this tractor came from Herald Ca, about 50 miles from my home, only to meet up in Sidney! Sidney is a nice enough town, with a great bike trail, and a couple good places to eat, but after a week there we were ready to move on, having completely missed our week at the Mothership. Oh well.
IMG_2617.jpeg

“Camp A Way” RV park, pretty much in the heart of Lincoln NE - so much so that it seems to be in a clover leaf - likely the park was here first. It’s pretty full be we got a FHU pull through w/o a res. I’m told its booked solid tomorrow and through the weekend - probably where locals go for a quick “camping” trip. Nice clean park, friendly helpful staff, and fast 5G, road noise but lots of trees and recreational stuff for kids.
IMG_2125.jpeg

This Newell not only looks good, walking by it I noticed it also smells good!
IMG_2122.jpeg

Note the antenna tower right between us and the Newell (and their matching toad…)
IMG_2120.jpeg

Last edited:
“Camp A Way” RV park, pretty much in the heart of Lincoln NE - so much so that it seems to be in a clover leaf - likely the park was here first. It’s pretty full be we got a FHU pull through w/o a res. I’m told its booked solid tomorrow and through the weekend - probably where locals go for a quick “camping” trip. Nice clean park, friendly helpful staff, and fast 5G, road noise but lots of trees and recreational stuff for kids.
View attachment 20923
This Newell not only looks good, walking by it I noticed it also smells good!
View attachment 20924
Note the antenna tower right between us and the Newell (and their matching toad…):
View attachment 20925
We've stayed there several times. The Museum of American Speed is a great place to see.

Trailer Ranch, Santa Fe NM. Urban park just a couple of miles from old town Santa Fe. There is a DS directly behind us and two more within 100 feet or so. This place is going to be hoppin next week as the Albuquerque balloon festival is about to get underway.
IMG_5130.jpeg

Hidden River CG on the Cedar River in Iowa just north of HWH. This CG is about a mile further north on 38 than Cedar River CG but to me far more desirable. A perfect bivouac for HWH appointments. Very nice staff, no cell service but “Elon” makes it happen. 50 amp service, water, and a dump station so it has ll you need. All for 40 bucks cash, no paperwork, just a friendly Mom and Pop operation in a very nice spot.
IMG_2127.jpeg
IMG_2129.jpeg

Thomas Canyon Campground on NF-660 about 30 miles south of Elko Nevada. No hook-ups, no cell service, but we have empty waste tanks, 100 gallons of water, and plenty of provisions. There’s a paved road all the way in and we have Elon’s creation allowing me to post this. We are here for five days of hiking, bike riding, and just general chillin which is very high on the list of priorities after the last two weeks of fun (not!). We are right by a very pleasant mountain stream and the CG is pretty much empty on this end (event for arts of some sort on the other) so nothing to interrupt our much needed solitude.
IMG_2605.jpeg
IMG_2606.jpeg

IMG_2608.jpeg

We deployed our “Nevada Room” as the sun won’t cooperate for a couple hours
IMG_2609.jpeg

I don’t want to overpost (did I just made up a new word?) but this seems kind of cool…. :
IMG_2151.jpeg

Latest resources

Back