• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Stopped at the Wally World in Truth or Consequences, NM today. It's the first time I parked under cover at a Wally World. View attachment 24983

Interesting strategy on the part of W with the height of that covering. Just a foot shy of being able to accommodate semi truck trailer height, which also excludes our rig.

Very cool find (pun maybe intended…)

Interesting strategy on the part of W with the height of that covering. Just a foot shy of being able to accommodate semi truck trailer height, which also excludes our rig.

Very cool find (pun maybe intended…)
I found out later, that those are solar panels.

Thousand Trails Bend-Sunriver
Cellular
: AT&T 2 to 4 out of 5 bars, but works. Was the only way I had internet was by making my phone a hotspot as well as my onboard MiFi.
SAT: Depends which lot you are in. Most lots are surrounded by tall trees, blocking southern exposure. Mine was such that I couldn't lock on satellites. A large number of rigs had portable dishes with long cables running back to the rigs so they could find an optimum spot to shoot through gaps in the trees.
WiFi: Although there are state of art WiFi stations scattered all over the park spaced less than half to a full football field distance apart (that they charge for online once connected), the only one that I was able to attach to was near the main enterance/checkin station. Others throughout the park, including the one right next to my lot and the two others near me within 75 feet, wouldn't assign an IP address, making it impossible to connect and sign in.
Amenities: 2 swimming pools, 2 dump stations, ALL LOTS NOW HAVE 50A SERVICE (even though the maps claim 50A is only on a small handfull lots near the check in station), laundry, basketball, horseshoes, pickles all, tennis, etc.

Other than no WiFi I scored a great spot at L13. Over half the spots have trees and srubs between them and are spaced fairly far apart for increased privacy. This RV park is extremely dusty with a very fine baby powder like dust. Bring your allergy meds and/or asthma inhaler.

I wish this park had sewer hook-ups. The general store has been closed since the pandemic, which also sucks.

Why stay here? It's the nearest to glorious Sunriver!!! This little resort town is awesome for all things outdoors. Rafting, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boards, bicycling, horseback riding, swimming, hiking, golfing, etc. The town even has a public observatory to look at the night sky. We come to Sunriver every summer, whether in the lodge, a rental unit, or the RV park.

Best,
-Mark

Attachments

• 20240721_132440.jpg
    20240721_132440.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 20240721_132500.jpg
    20240721_132500.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240721_132727.jpg
    20240721_132727.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240721_132639.jpg
    20240721_132639.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
We stopped at Stillwater RV Park. This Park is relatively new.
This Park is designed for people with children and/or consider drinking alcohol to be a large part of the camping experience.
The staff is young and systems not as smooth as some other parks, possibly a learning curve yet. For instance received a call from the “office” at 6pm asking when we would arrived? We checked in and setup at 3p.m.??
More important when I explained we were here, in our spot, she immediately berated me for not checking in?!
Explained that we not only checked in at 3 but eat in the their bar/restaurant, average quality, at 5 pm?
Finally got it sorted out and she apologized for not having their system properly updated.
Just not our style of place and very expensive if you are not interested in the offerings.

IMG_1707.jpegIMG_1705.jpegIMG_1704.jpegIMG_1697.jpeg

Stopped at Rocking A RV park. Very convenient to US 278 in Vernon TX. And walking distance to a Walmart super center.
This park is inexpensive and pleasant enough. Looks to be family owned and operated. Nothing more than a grass field with utilities for hookups.
Check directions twice because the entrance is easy to miss and from the road looks like a storage facility.
Front desk is nice, so far quiet, sans train across a field in back. Trains several times a night whistle at crossing street by industrial facility.
Less volume than Nappanee 😀
Didn’t bother us sleeping.
Off to Amarillo in the morning.

IMG_1712.jpeg
IMG_1711.jpeg

Couple of days at Oasis RV Park in Amarillo TX. Great pull throughs clean convenient and relatively quiet. Loves truck stop with separate Loves RV camp area just down the street and I40 right there.
Had dinner at the Big Texan Steak and Ranch, Home of the 72oz steak for free if you can eat it in an hour. Quite the show and decent food. Lots of tourists stuff. Like Wall Drug Texas style.
1 out of 4 “contestants “ were successful eating the entire steak with Fixings last night.
Fun time.
IMG_1732.pngIMG_1734.jpegIMG_1738.jpegIMG_1742.jpegIMG_1741.jpeg

IMG_1743.png

Did you smell the feed lots located south of Oasia? It can be pretty odiferous.

Southern breeze no smell of feed lot.

If you are particular about your food, nice organic foods store. Short drive.

IMG_1745.png

Where is the Joe Hogan TV podcast? Rving with Joe.

Latest resources

Back