• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sedona is one of our favorite stops. Magnificent area. Although Rancho Sedona isn’t very fancy it is by far the best located Rv spot in the area, much like Trailer Ranch in Santa Fe. You might check out Distant Drums:
While not as well located, it is a well maintained park with decent desert views.
As for food, my wife is a foodie and never leaves Elote without raving about the meal. And
, believe me, she has eaten in many of the best spots in the Southwest.
Enjoy your stay in one of the most picturesque areas of the US and keep your beautiful new Elli safely away from any dog runs until she has all her shots?.

Spending the weekend at Anchor Down RV Resort on our way to Nashville for the holiday. It’s a nice as everyone has mentioned over the years.

View attachment 360

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill, we were there for the 3rd time in late October. Two other couples (Tiffin buses) were there with us. What a great CG.

Wahweap CG in Lake Powell - Page, AZ
WiFi - N/A
Cellular on the fringe but good with Pepwave setup (AT&T primary, Verizon Backup, likely AT&T is roaming with a partner but I don't show roaming but had to enable it in the Pepwave)
SAT - Great
OTA - Unknown, using SAT

Thanks @TJ&LadyDi - the note on everyone's door about odorless hazmat spill worked.

DJI_0159.JPG
DJI_0157.JPG
DJI_0150.JPG
DJI_0151.JPG

H
Wahweap CG in Lake Powell - Page, AZ
WiFi - N/A
Cellular on the fringe but good with Pepwave setup (AT&T primary, Verizon Backup, likely AT&T is roaming with a partner but I don't show roaming but had to enable it in the Pepwave)
SAT - Great
OTA - Unknown, using SAT

Thanks @TJ&LadyDi - the note on everyone's door about odorless hazmat spill worked.

View attachment 673View attachment 674View attachment 675View attachment 676
Hey Neal,
It looks like you can sing as loud as you want in the shower (or just shower outdoors). Just cover Elli’s delicate ears.

I think I bought a Piranha, I haven't come out of my bedroom in a week! And it doubled its size in 3 weeks!

Neal, Crazy question, but how in the H--- did you get to be there all alone? No one else in sight!
I'm curious as to where that is, & are all the areas outside the pull-thru's campsites, or what? Just never seen anything quite like that before!
Don't mean to seem dumb, but I've never been out west before. Isn't this quite unusual to be almost "uninhabited"?
Thanks for the answers, and it looks like quite a place to visit! Enjoy!

It's called going to places like this off season only not knowing it was off season and please don't ask why there is a kayak on the roof of my toad!!! When I got here I wasn't sure if it was good or bad, it's been GREAT. So peaceful, a nice escape, raising this puppy, catching up on work, and seeing the local sights without too big of crowds yet it is still hard to get in on the tours, few slots left. I was in Rancho Sedona prior to here, that place is packed in the spring, I timed that one right (I think) in that it was slow and doing anything in town was easy (except Elote but I was lucky being a single and getting a seat at the bar).

The picture is a little deceiving. This CG is highly transient and I'm one of few that speak English. Late in the afternoon up to midnight they roll in. Today though so far it's just two of us, someone else rolled in without a reservation and asked me so I just said pick a spot and enjoy. New Years Eve the CG was nearly full, by noon it was just me today. It's very interesting how many foreigners are coming here and renting RV's and seeing the sights. I think internationals travel better than we do, they are fearless and see anything in the world where we (I) tend to travel more reserved. A lot of oriental folks here touring.

Yesterday I did the Upper Antelope Canyon tour, today I did the hike to Horseshoe Bend, tomorrow I do Lower Antelope. TIP - when you are doing these tours here you want mid-day tours, highest sun. I chose later in the day to capture some warmth but the lighting has been terrible for pictures.

@Neal ,what did you think of Elote?

@Neal ,what did you think of Elote?

It was great, went twice even though I was sick but good enough to go there. Very busy as you said but being solo I was able to luck into a seat at the bar both times. Had the chili relleno the first time, buffalo the second. Great margaritas and friendly people.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back