catfishhoward

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Catalina Legacy Edition
RV Length
I’m living in a travel trailer in Crestview, FL while I look for land/home to buy and was wanting to figure out a hurricane evacuation plan. I was originally thinking about going to Atlanta, GA since I might have a place to park my trailer for a couple of day to let the hurricane pass but I started to think that going East or West along I-10 to get out of the storm path might be better? Even in Atlanta the wind could be strong? Or does the news channels tell people which direction to go?

Does anyone know how long it took to get the highway back up after Hurricane Michael? I guess in a really bad storm my RV park might not let me back in so It might be best to book at least 1 week somewhere else if you don’t have to get back in a hurry?

I’m living in a travel trailer in Crestview, FL while I look for land/home to buy and was wanting to figure out a hurricane evacuation plan. I was originally thinking about going to Atlanta, GA since I might have a place to park my trailer for a couple of day to let the hurricane pass but I started to think that going East or West along I-10 to get out of the storm path might be better? Even in Atlanta the wind could be strong? Or does the news channels tell people which direction to go?

Does anyone know how long it took to get the highway back up after Hurricane Michael? I guess in a really bad storm my RV park might not let me back in so It might be best to book at least 1 week somewhere else if you don’t have to get back in a hurry?
The problem with dodging hurricanes is you seldom know which way they are going to go until it’s almost too late to get out of town. When I lived in Pensacola FL, I never left because of a hurricane. But that was because I owned a business and I needed to be there to keep the computers running. Or to get them back online as quickly as possible after the storm passed.

But if I was going to leave, I’d head for Atlanta a couple of days before the hurricane was to make landfall. Wait too much longer and your going to get hung up in traffic on the Interstate. One in Atlanta you should be OK. And if not, take a left on 985 and head for NC where you can hide in the mountains. ;)

BTW, welcome to RVForums!

Latest resources

Back