• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Who's at Camp Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Day 2: Windshield is in. Reupholstery is done and from what I can tell it looks good. Furniture still has to be reinstalled into the coach. Hope it will last but not optimistic as it's still coming from Krapsteel. The bowing outside both bathrooms is "normal" and common they say as the initial install of trim in some places doesn't take into account roof settling, etc. (initial install too tight/long). New carpet is going in to refresh that, they discontinued what was used in mine and went to something that lasts longer and wears better, it's more shaggy (longer piles) vs. the berber type stuff I had. They still have the service center coach area locked down, but not the lobbies so they are probably using the current situation to keep their techs from being disturbed. No masks required, etc.

Parts department has stocked up nicely since I was there last. Good selections of a wide range of items including coach detailing products including foam cannons, etc.

Day 2: Windshield is in. Reupholstery is done and from what I can tell it looks good. Furniture still has to be reinstalled into the coach. Hope it will last but not optimistic as it's still coming from Krapsteel. The bowing outside both bathrooms is "normal" and common they say as the initial install of trim in some places doesn't take into account roof settling, etc. (initial install too tight/long). New carpet is going in to refresh that, they discontinued what was used in mine and went to something that lasts longer and wears better, it's more shaggy (longer piles) vs. the berber type stuff I had. They still have the service center coach area locked down, but not the lobbies so they are probably using the current situation to keep their techs from being disturbed. No masks required, etc.

Parts department has stocked up nicely since I was there last. Good selections of a wide range of items including coach detailing products including foam cannons, etc.
Did they reupholster your headboard as well or just seating areas?

Did they reupholster your headboard as well or just seating areas?
Only seats, sofa, jackknife. My headboard is fine. I'll double check it tomorrow as I read someone else had their peeling. Only my driver's seat peeled/flaked but I saw the threads tearing through on the passenger seat so it was only a matter of time for that to go.

Had to do it - Ruhe 152, and see for myself. Ambiance was nice, didn't feel like Nappanee, beer was good, food was not. I had some meat loaf contraption, weird. Sorry @ARD they did not have deviled eggs.

Only seats, sofa, jackknife. My headboard is fine. I'll double check it tomorrow as I read someone else had their peeling. Only my driver's seat peeled/flaked but I saw the threads tearing through on the passenger seat so it was only a matter of time for that to go.
Neal, when we had ours recovered I asked for the two largest pieces of the fabric they removed. They replaced our with the same junk too, but it was made in a different country? When we are parked, and sun is coming in from the front, I lay that fabric over the front seats. So far, so good, but ridiculous that we have to be careful ! Judy D

I thought they used different stuff. I only have a few small areas. It would not make sense to recover everything with the same stuff.

Supposedly it is better but I won't ever believe it. If it happens again and I still own it we'll do this again.

I don't think it's sun as mine is under covered storage or magneshade or shades down. The drivers seat is the only one that had an issue. Passenger seat showed threads starting to tear through. Sofa was fine other then losing some elasticity.

I did buy a sheepskin cover but rarely used it as it was uncomfortable as well as I was concerned the meshing on the bottom would cause damage.

Supposedly it is better but I won't ever believe it. If it happens again and I still own it we'll do this again.

I don't think it's sun as mine is under covered storage or magneshade or shades down. The drivers seat is the only one that had an issue. Passenger seat showed threads starting to tear through. Sofa was fine other then losing some elasticity.

I did buy a sheepskin cover but rarely used it as it was uncomfortable as well as I was concerned the meshing on the bottom would cause damage.
I use the sheep skin and have perceived no problem (Blondie’s).

I use the sheep skin and have perceived no problem (Blondie’s).
That's what I have too. It was just the mesh type stuff on the bottom that concerned me.

Oh the irony that Newmar sells billions in coaches yet offers coin based laundry machines to their customers in the service center.

Latest resources

Back