Who's at Camp Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
UPDATE
Must be my lucky day. After looking more closely, it was discovered I have a roof leak.
But, since they said they would do the repair as a goodwill gesture, they are still fixing it at no charge. Went from a 3 to 5 day repair to a 5-7 day repair. Depends on if it has to go to the paint shop.
So Newmar put us up at Oakwood Resort. We get there, check in and go to the room. The room was not ready. The manager, who was in the hall, upgraded us to a room with a nice view and a good size Jacuzzi tub.
I must be living right.

UPDATE #2
Guess my living right came to an end. Left Nappanee Saturday morning. Three and a half hours into our 4 hour trip, the aft awning decides to open while we are going 65 mph. So I had the opportunity to show my skills of climbing on a ladder with traffic buffering the coach, the wind blowing the big sail, ladder sinking in the mud while I cut the fabric loose and tying the broken, twisted arms in place.
Then I asked the nice Ohio State Trooper that was running interference between me and the traffic, to hand me the rail end of the awning so I could tie it to the roof.
Called Newmar who asked if we were safe. But her main concern was getting pictures prior to removing it. I asked if it was OK to cut the fabric since it was tore. She said since it was tore, they couldn't repair it. Of course I didn't have my phone with me while on the roof. The awning must have flipped onto the roof since #3 AC unit cover is broken. May be more damage I haven't discovered. She suggested I call coach net to be towed to the nearest repair facility.
Wasn't about to wait for a tow truck only 2 feet from the edge line of the highway.
Made it back to Newmar without further incident.
Newmar had removed and installed both awnings 3 days ago.
PS. Got to meet ARD here at the mother ship.
PSS. Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers.

Attachments

• 20220507_125657.jpg
    20220507_125657.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 20220507_130646.jpg
    20220507_130646.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 43
Wow! Very very sad and very very glad you're safe and okay! One good thing about Newmar as we know is they will right this wrong. I'm curious why this happened though...

Let's hope so.

@Webz It was nice meeting you and Debbie yesterday. Wish it was under better circumstances. What a stressful day for the both of you. I cannot even imagine. Hopefully Newmar will have you back on the road soon. 🙏

@Webz It was nice meeting you and Debbie yesterday. Wish it was under better circumstances. What a stressful day for the both of you. I cannot even imagine. Hopefully Newmar will have you back on the road soon. 🙏
Good to meet you you and your "little ones". See you in the service center or here.

FYI for people headed to Newmar…you cannot turn on Miriam Ave to get to the service center. The road is completely torn up. You must use Oakland Ave.

I just returned from four days at Camp Newmar getting a few items addressed under warranty. I saw the @Webz rig, but did not get the opportunity to meet the owners. I met a lot of fellow Newmarians, most notably @ARD, which was the highlight of the week. Newmar owners are a breed apart. And of course, the Newmar Service Center did right by me. What a great place.

FYI for people headed to Newmar…you cannot turn on Miriam Ave to get to the service center. The road is completely torn up. You must use Oakland Ave.
Tnx. Heading there in a week.

Are they enforcing the removal of tow bars at service center?

Latest resources

Back