• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Who's at Camp Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
"Renee's Family Breakfast" on Main St is the best meal I've had this trip. Wish I found it earlier. Thanks for the tip @ARD

Panther’s pizza was good. Don’t know if they have pineapple though.

Left Newmar yesterday and got 4 hours knocked out homeward bound. Campground was far from full as was their service facility. Some tech's I've seen in the past I did not see. My hunch is they have labor issues like everyone else. Not just because of the current situation, the area has grown, there are a lot of factories in the vicinity, competition for retention has to be a real problem (hence price increases).

Time at Newmar is exhausting, as many know, it's not a restful place with that train as well as the schedule. Sitting around all day doing nothing sucks. I did do two days at Oakwood Resort for the windshield and also give them more time in the coach to get out at the end of the week when they had me scheduled for 10 work days. Oakwood has gone downhill big time, not sure I'll ever go back to that place. I've gone there at least 3 times now and this was the worst. Room sucks and I left with bites all over me, probably mosquitos outside the lake area walking the dog, not sure, could also be from the Newmar area as the trains seem to bring in swarms of yuck with them as I got stuff all over me replacing a market light as trains were going by. Hotel wifi was practically unusable which I told them they need to fix, they know and have tried to convince management. I'll definitely look for another location next time.

Newmar did a much better job on my windshield this time vs. last time (Dec 2018) which also leaked. The tech said the sealant was slim in the area of the leak. Next time I need a windshield I'll do it wherever Duncan tells me to go, and not come to Newmar for it. Just not necessary IMHO.

New upholstery looks outstanding, like new furniture all over again. I love the new carpet. They are using much better carpet now than what went in my 2017 VTDP. Very pleased. As parts was closed for inventory yesterday I'm waiting on the final bill. Carpet was 9 hours labor (140/hr I think is the rate) + parts/carpet. Glad to have my jackknife sofa back in, feels more spacious and more social. I'll be installing the home theater subwoofer setup I did once before that goes below the jackknife that works much better than what I have now. I'll report on that after it's done (again).

I could not find a CG that wasn't full near where I need to go next, my datacenter near Dulles Airport. I tried Harper's Ferry KOA, Sandy Hill I think it's called off I-81, nothing there either for my size rig. Amazing! So I resorted to Harvest Hosts which I didn't care to deal with but I'm headed to a winery today, then home tomorrow after a data center visit for work.

Who was your tech at Camp Newmar?

We were at Camp Newmar the week of October 11.. great experience!! just wish it wasn't so far from our home base of Louisiana!!

Will be up at the Newmar Service Center Nov 28 - Dec 3 to have the fiberglass roof radius fixed where my awning screws started some cracks. Since it is exterior work (fiberglass/paint) I imagine I'll be staying in a hotel for a bit during the week. Based upon Neal's experience from a months ago I'll try to avoid Oakwood Resort.

- Richard

Anyone ever stay at the motel next door to the Service Center?

Anyone ever stay at the motel next door to the Service Center?
If you're talking about the motel behind the fence at the rear of the CG, yes I stayed there. Nothing fancy, but it was clean and inexpensive. I stayed there one night. Good thing is it is close to the Service Center.

We are here for a ceiling panel replacement. The air conditioner duct was not sealed properly allowing cool air to escape between the roof and ceiling causing condensation. Newmar said since they caused it, they will replace it at no charge. Have a couple smaller items for them to look at.

Latest resources

Back