• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Who's at Camp Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Say no to Amish crack and whatever that ice cream place is called. Come on @Neal you can do it.
I did not do the ice cream place, but DQ had really good fristy thing. I should have only eaten half, but desire overpowered me.

Must admit those Amish donuts are wonderful stuff. I generally would not buy the cinnimon cream one, but just tasted a small piece. Mmmmmmmm!!

Willpower grasshopper!!

Last edited:
Say no to Amish crack and whatever that ice cream place is called. Come on @Neal you can do it.
It's already a NO for me. I almost let someone's eating out habits, not mentioning her name, influence me. I'll be sticking to my diet. I do eat a lot of rotisserie chicken, fresh chicken is delicious to me. Glad to know Martin's across street has them. Obviously the schedule missing breakfast and lunch requires some meal prep or discipline if eating out. I will now sway. I had a moment of "I'm at Newmar, have to eat out...." and that's a NO GO.

Cat Balance GIF

Beware of rotisserie chickens as they can be very high in fat and they inject CR*P into the meat on some. I bet you wish you never told us now about this weight loss thing….here’s a cheat sheet.

Okay, plan B

bird hunter GIF

Anything at Coppes is good. Perfect Twist has a fruit pizza for a July special. My cousin's daughter is the manager there so I may be a bit biased. 😉 Dutchmaid across from Rentown is good.

That green mountain grill is your friend…

Well whatever you do, don't go to Main Street Roasters if you want to stay on your diet. If you are craving something sweet....yummers. Buckeye Brownies, Mint Brownies, all kind of bar things, cake slices including GF. You probably will want to skip The Pretty Cakery too 😂.

Renee's Cafe is the best for breakfast. Sadly, Ruhe152 is not as good as it used to be. It's so sad that their previous young chef passed away. He was amazing. BUT it is still one of the better restaurants. You can get a really good salad there with your choice of protein on it. Bourbon Pizza's thin and crispy pizzas are good. AND why oh why did someone introduce me to Church's Peanut Butter. You can get it in Rentown. It is totally addicting. Do not try @Neal if you want to stay on yer diet. Just say no. And of course there is Hunter's Hideaway.

I didn't go out to dinner much this time. I went to Whole Foods in Mishawaka and made my own meals mostly, as the pups and I were exhausted. Oh and if you are put up in Oakwood and don't want to eat at the restaurant at the hotel, then the Japanese Restaurant (Kiyomi) is good.

FYI, due to short staffing Rise N Roll has not been making apple fritters. Sue turned me on to Grandma's Pantry. PS, if you want to get her a little treat, she likes the Long John Silvers with White Icing. It is not too far up the road from Rise N Roll, but they don't open until 8:30 am.

Thanks ARD, We're headed up on 6/20 and I read the instructions as to remove any receivers but I'll just pull the tow bar on Sunday. It's no big deal. We're looking forward to our 1st trip to the mothership.
when I was there in September, the tech made me remove it the morning he picked it up.

Anyone have the address for getting packages sent while at Newmar for service?

Anyone have the address for getting packages sent while at Newmar for service?
Newmar Customer Lobby
Bldg 42
1301 Stahly Drive
Nappanee, IN 46550

Latest resources

Back