• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Wifi or not at new RV park

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I found out today I can have DirecTV on each lot for $10 a month that way campers don't feel that they have to have a hotspot for TV services. The cell service is good enough to check emails, make calls or even surf the web on their phone it's just not the fastest or most reliable. I also figured most full-time RVers or snowbirds more than likely have cell phone boosters which should increase the service even more.

In my opinion, vote size 1: I wouldn't wasted money on providing that service. You'll pay some amount that you'll have to recoup and therefore charge higher rates. For those of us that want TV we'll bring our own either OTA or SAT. Most want Internet and through that guests can stream if speeds are sufficient but most don't offer good enough WiFi. Destination and amenities are most important and DTV is not something that would bring me to your CG or return for that matter. Level sites, hookups, dog park, pool, fire pits, restrooms for those that need them, etc.

I went by the site today and hooked up a weboost, I believe each site would have 3mg down and 1mb upload if they have a booster, both AT&t and Verizon picked up. I was able to check emails and even look on YouTube but definitely not fast enough to run a desktop or computer.

The weird thing is I was able to get signals of -85 on LTE 13 band. Shouldn't the speed test be faster than 3 mg and 1 mg.

Florida there are hundreds of RV parks where they're crammed in like sardines my whole thing was to have a secluded park where you have a private site separated by at least 75 ft. I would have concrete RV slabs, fire pit, grills, picnic table, dog park, small laundry room and a bunch of fruit trees around the property trying to make it as nice as I can and rent to the older retirees around here for $700 a month. Keep my price up a little high to where I don't get the bad elements in there, as far as DirecTV if it's only $83 a month for all 10 sites is definitely a good feature might cost me three to five thousand initial setup but I would think that would definitely be a good addition especially I don't have high speed internet.

I might have to take more pecan trees down then I like to give a better signal but it would make the park a safer place as well, don't want to 50 foot pecan tree coming down on a RV. I will do a lot of replanting though with smaller fruit trees which will shade the RVs in the future but they won't be tall enough to block the boosters especially if I provide a telescopic pole at each site.

Be careful with how many fruit trees you have. Sounds really nice, until you find out that the mature trees have a lot of fruit and start dropping and rotting on the ground. Then you have problems with flies and rodents.

Be careful with how many fruit trees you have. Sounds really nice, until you find out that the mature trees have a lot of fruit and start dropping and rotting on the ground. Then you have problems with flies and rodents.
Good point, thanks.

And while it may sound like a strange model, we are not looking for RV'ers who want a pool, hot tub, tennis court, etc. If that is what you want, I suggest one of the resorts in Florida. But if you want a secluded and private place with full hookups, your own screened in gazebo, beautiful long range mountain views, hiking trails, wildlife and firefly's at night, then we are that spot.
Thank you for making my point, "Location, Location, Location". I am still waiting for local entertainment that will keep me Happy without Internet...

I went by the site today and hooked up a weboost, I believe each site would have 3mg down and 1mb upload if they have a booster, both AT&t and Verizon picked up. I was able to check emails and even look on YouTube but definitely not fast enough to run a desktop or computer.

The weird thing is I was able to get signals of -85 on LTE 13 band. Shouldn't the speed test be faster than 3 mg and 1 mg.

Speed comes with enough infrastructure, no matter the signal strength. The weekends in my stomping grounds see many young families streaming to babysit the kids. This forces me to take the weekend off, not because the signal drops, but because the towers won't handle the load.

What is the draw that gets me to your place to begin with? How can I run my business from the Rigg without internet. Even the satellite internet is slow for that, that is why I use my phone, it is faster.

I will stop if the attraction is worth reporting but otherwise I won't know you are there. I may stop if the infrastructure will support a couple days of down time. So I repeat, what will attract me to your location? I can stay in a truck stop for one night on my way to Epcot center, or NASA, or other such attraction worth the report. If you can't answer this look for a better location.

I get it my 83 rigg may not make it in your future park, mostly because of the 15 year limit. However most RV parks see the attraction of a well restored classic and will let me in.

Speed comes with enough infrastructure, no matter the signal strength. The weekends in my stomping grounds see many young families streaming to babysit the kids. This forces me to take the weekend off, not because the signal drops, but because the towers won't handle the load.

What is the draw that gets me to your place to begin with? How can I run my business from the Rigg without internet. Even the satellite internet is slow for that, that is why I use my phone, it is faster.

I will stop if the attraction is worth reporting but otherwise I won't know you are there. I may stop if the infrastructure will support a couple days of down time. So I repeat, what will attract me to your location? I can stay in a truck stop for one night on my way to Epcot center, or NASA, or other such attraction worth the report. If you can't answer this look for a better location.

I get it my 83 rigg may not make it in your future park, mostly because of the 15 year limit. However most RV parks see the attraction of a well restored classic and will let me in.
Thanks for the reply. The only attraction per say is that it's more of a private camping spot with spaces between RV of at least 75' in the county. I've been staying in a park for 5 months with neighbors so close I can hear them talking in their RV and when they shut the door it shakes my RV? I've looked every where for a private site to rent, over 5 counties and nothing. So i figure if there is 200+/- FULLTIME RV'ers around the area at least 10 might want to be in a nice country setting in a quiet private RV spot. It's also that I'm not renting to weekend campers looking for daily attractions, I'll require a 1 or 2 week minimum stays. It's also 1 hr to Panama City Beach and 1hr 15min to Destin.

I'm going to buy the property since it has a home, pole barn, pond, storm shelter, lawn mower, ATV and tractor already. Buying this property outside of town will give me more money to make the sites really nice. It comes down to my budget and finding a property with a home already on it for me to live. I agree wifi for me as a camper would also be a must but I guess I'm rolling the dice and hoping to find 10 renters.

Even the satellite internet is slow for that, that is why I use my phone, it is faster.
I also work from home as a cad-tech for a surveying firm and If I can't boost my cell signal to get me 10 mbs down and 3 mbs up I would get a satellite internet. Will the satellite internet systems get you at least 10 mbs and 3 mbs? The park I'm at now is less than that and the speed is just fine.

Got it.

True story. I was traveling across Texas years ago in one of my past Vintage trailers (before they became the thing),The park owner offered to buy my trailer for a more than reasonable price. Puzzled I asked why he wanted it. He wanted to make his own attraction, a museum to showcase the history of RV history. He had a nice park but not much around to attract visitors.

I have many stories, but most have the same bi-line. Seems country living close to town is what you offer. If you can't fill it up, consider how you might make the park the attraction.

Latest resources

Back