• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Wifi or not at new RV park

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I also work from home as a cad-tech for a surveying firm and If I can't boost my cell signal to get me 10 mbs down and 3 mbs up I would get a satellite internet. Will the satellite internet systems get you at least 10 mbs and 3 mbs? The park I'm at now is less than that and the speed is just fine.
Check the offerings locally and know advertized and real speeds vary.

I’m also tinkering with turning my back lot into about ten semi cramped rv spots and maybe 10 tent spots. Tent spots only if it works out I have an area that only tent camping would work. I will have only two attractions which will be usable high speed internet a really nice men and women’s bathroom and washer and dryers. And I mean really nice. The place will be clean no low rent lifestyles, it’s a gravelled lot, except in the tent sites and will be at the upper end price wise. We will most likely only be open end of may through September unless we find adding two months is worth while for hunters.

none of our available rv spots for 50 miles one way and forever the other way offer even moderate WiFi or cell service. And four months a year you can’t find an empty spot. I know my spots will book with people who need functional internet. Our clients will mostly Be weekly or monthly and will need internet over some pristine setting in paradise however the area behind the sites is virtually forest and were flush with beautiful birds. We will cater to dotcomers and people who want or need internet. My wife can work from anywhere that will guarantee high speed internet and she’s not alone now that we plan to travel one out of twenty places we’ve contacted even suggest they can meet her needs. She’s hoping star link is a cure.

now as far as internet on your lay out. I think when you start penciling in costs of electrical given the distance between each spot your going to decide the cost of internet is minimal. While number 4 and number 6 gauge wire to make these runs is NOT. You will have a hefty electric installation bill when this one’s complete. So do the math on your plumbing and wiring add an extra empty pipe to allow either physical hook up to internet at each site or a couple of areas to be hubs for your wifi transmission so you can incorporate this down the road. or just run cat 6 for in ground burial when your trenches are open. Then it’s there. You might even find some providers will run the cables for free if you contract for x a of service espionage you have the trenches.

Will all of those who are NOT building an RV lot, please raise their hand? :)

thing is there is now going to be a shortage of them actually it seems like there already is. Im attempting to make reservations for our upcoming trip it’s almost cheaper to rent a rvbo than to book an rv spot in half the areas I’m going to be. And I’m actually looking at those options instead.

myself I’d rather stay at a small rv place with twenty or less sites than some major camp site with people coming and going daily so maybe enough people will open one, for me to be able to find a decent yet reasonable priced place.

Jim is probably right. You will have to choose your clientele. I don’t have a lot of fancy gadgets, so I usually camp only where there is wi-fi and cable, but not at high dollar campgrounds. Oh and cell phone service is a must.

Latest resources

Back