Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Would you stay at a "non-smoking" rv park?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Would you stay at a non-smoking rv park?

• Total voters
If you are talking about campfire smoke I would say yes. You know how camp fire smoke follows someone no matter where they sit, well that's my coach.

Last edited:
Smoke is a big problem for me. I can smell a smoker for a block away. You asked a good question.

I was not going to mention it, but last week the people next to us had a camp fire. No problem.
But by 10:30 Pm our coach started filling up with smoke. I closed the windows and went out to take a look.
They were All gone inside, and left the fire unattended with red hot ambers smoking out the whole neighborhood.
I just went back inside not in the mood to have an argument......what would you do?

I was not going to mention it, but last week the people next to us had a camp fire. No problem.
But by 10:30 Pm our coach started filling up with smoke. I closed the windows and went out to take a look.
They were All gone inside, and left the fire unattended with red hot ambers smoking out the whole neighborhood.
I just went back inside not in the mood to have an argument......what would you do?
In the forest I report an unattended wild fire.

Maybe disconnect their water hose and use it to extinguish the embers, then leave the hose laying there (turned off of course) and quietly go back to bed? Just thinking out loud.

Smoke is smoke. Don’t much care for smoker’s residual smoke and don’t much care for campfire’s excess smoke. All I want is for others to care for others space and their tolerance of wandering smoke. Don’t think it is necessary to have a smokeless Rv park, just want respectful people Rv parks.

I’m also a former smoker, but if the bourbon is right, I’ll do a cigar now and again. On the other hand, my best half is quite allergic to smoke. I wouldn’t miss it if it were not allowed, and the spousal unit would welcome a smoke-free environment.

One thing that has always surprised me about the RVing public is the disproportionate number of smokers...IMHO, of course.
Me too. I don't consider myself a smoker. I've never even tried a ciggerette. But I like to drink bourbon and smoke a cigar. ? That being said, if the park was non-smoking that would be fine with me.

So you guys are saying you don't want any camp fires either due to the smoke?? :oops:

No Curtis. We are against inconsiderate campers. I had nothing against them having a camp fire, until they left it burning and all went inside for the night.

It wouldn't make any difference to me one way or another. Actually isn't this poll question almost like "have you stopped beating your wife" - answer YES or NO.

I guess my only concern if I was making a reservation and the CG stated they were non-smoking, I would have to hear the rest of their rules up front. Do they prohibit alcohol on their property? Are gas powered golf carts now allowed, only electric ones?

Latest resources

Back