• Commercial/Vendors welcome

WOW.....Am I the only one???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Happy to be here, this is our third RV but first 5th wheel. We purchased Winnie last August and took her on a 6,500 mile trip through 13 states in the northeast.

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 42
Welcome to all the new 5ers!

Welcome!

LOL! I just found the forum, and had no idea it was new! The creators have done a great job!

I am pulling a 2020 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 192RBS. :) Not a 5th wheel, but a trailer nonetheless.

Just realized this was posted under the 5th wheel threads ?? I'm still figuring out the forum y'all, so please forgive me lol

Happy to be here, this is our third RV but first 5th wheel. We purchased Winnie last August and took her on a 6,500 mile trip through 13 states in the northeast.
Love the pic. We are new to the life style and have a trip planned for June from Wisconsin to Texas but hope to have several test runs in Wisconsin first. Any advise on the long trip ? Planning or things to watch for?

Attachments

• 3B860AD5-073E-4C85-BF46-96939610BE76.jpeg
    3B860AD5-073E-4C85-BF46-96939610BE76.jpeg
    557.2 KB · Views: 15
First don't try to have too many travel days in a row, enjoy the journey. Second make sure you have GOOD tires and check your pressures. We had 3,000 miles on a brand new camper/tires and had (2) tires fail and a third that the tread looked wavy. We got rid of the "Chinese Bombs" and purchased (4) american made tires 225/75r/15E. I am going to sell the rims and tires and upgrade to 16" wheels and tires for more capacity 235/80r/16E.

The best advice I can give is take your time! Also, EVERYTIME you stop get out and walk around the camper checking the tires and hubs. Just put the back of your hand on the tires and hubs to feel if one is warmer than the others. Takes just a second per tire, and gives you a chance you visually check everything out.

Coming from Wisconsin, be prepared to burst into flames in Texas in June. Make sure your air conditioning is working well.

Latest resources

Back