Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Michelin vs. Toyo tires for RV's (and other brands)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Coach-Net lists tire discounts as a benefit. Anyone priced tires with that discount? How did it compare to the FMCA discount?

I replaced my tires this spring with Toyo and I don't regret it. I think my coach rides better and handles better than the OEM Michlens did. If you have a Southern Tire Mart near you it would be worth checking with them. My Toyo tires were just a few weeks old when they were installed.

How many did you install and what was the total bill?

Interesting, Toyo Tire info. Looks like the Truck Tires might be MFG in Japan but Toyo has factories throughout Asia.

Toyo_logo_4c_1.png

Toyo Tire Holdings of Americas Inc. (TTHA) is the wholly-owned North American subsidiary of Toyo Tire Corporation of Osaka, Japan. Headquartered in Cypress, California, TTHA and its group companies manufacture, import, sell and distribute Toyo and Nitto brand tires in the U.S. and Canada. Toyo Tires maintains its commitment to innovation, quality, performance, and excellent customer service. Significant and continuous investments are made in its U.S.-based manufacturing facility and support operations in order to produce high-quality tires. The company’s tire portfolio covers a broad range of applications, including high-performance racing-inspired tires, rugged off-road tires for light trucks and SUVs, luxury-touring tires, and commercial truck tires.
To inquire about corporate membership, please contact USTMA offices at (202) 682-4800 or [email protected].

U.S. MANUFACTURING FACILITIES​

How many did you install and what was the total bill?
I installed 6 and will do the tags next year. Actually, I'll move the steer tires to the tag and install the new ones in the steer position. I don't remember the exact cost and I don't have the receipt with me but it was almost $2000 less than Michelin and like you, I found a better Michelin price locally than the FMCA price. As I said earlier, I like they were only a few weeks old when installed.

I too went with Toyo over original Michelins 22.5". I've been very satisfied after a couple thousand miles. I purchased in April, all tire codes were 0223. I can provide a recommendation on where purchased if you like.

Updated date code should've read 0223

@Neal
tires.png

Sure, please share for myself and any others interested.

This was shipped, mounted, balanced and stems; all in.

Coach-Net lists tire discounts as a benefit. Anyone priced tires with that discount? How did it compare to the FMCA discount?
Coachnet only prices Goodyear and Michelin. Here are the prices for Michelin for my tire size range…
6D17C132-C649-47C1-9E46-2D4E2E45E42C.jpeg

Latest resources

Back