• Commercial/Vendors welcome

19 days

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
A new year with new adventures, enjoy the journey.

While in the Coast Guard I was stationed at Coos Bay, Winchester Bay, and Illwaco. I also spent a couple summers in Bandon. Beautiful part of the world on the Oregon Coast. There is no shortage of rain days, misty days, foggy days and lots and lots of wind.

Its long been my dream to get an RV and travel Hwy 101 at 45 mph with a mile long line of cars behind me. I cant guess how many times I was stuck in that mile long line. Its payback time!

Sometime in the next couple years we plan on a trip to Diamond and Crater Lakes and a trip down the Columbia River Gorge.

Good luck on the new chapter in life. My dad was born and raised on a 80 acre farm in Oklahoma. The military was the only way out so he joined at 17 years old. The rest of his life he talked about that farm, it was a sad day for him when it was sold out of the family.

While in the Coast Guard I was stationed at Coos Bay, Winchester Bay, and Illwaco. I also spent a couple summers in Bandon. Beautiful part of the world on the Oregon Coast. There is no shortage of rain days, misty days, foggy days and lots and lots of wind.

Its long been my dream to get an RV and travel Hwy 101 at 45 mph with a mile long line of cars behind me. I cant guess how many times I was stuck in that mile long line. Its payback time!

Sometime in the next couple years we plan on a trip to Diamond and Crater Lakes and a trip down the Columbia River Gorge.

Good luck on the new chapter in life. My dad was born and raised on a 80 acre farm in Oklahoma. The military was the only way out so he joined at 17 years old. The rest of his life he talked about that farm, it was a sad day for him when it was sold out of the family.

I spent a lot of my summers growing up in Bandon and the sticks down there. My dad's mom had a house overlooking the ocean and my dad always had some old single wide in the sticks with no electricity or water. I'm only 41 but I can say I know what it's like using an outhouse. Good times!

Thursday I sign my midlife gap year papers! I finally made myself choose a new home. I just put the deposit down and will pick it up in 3 weeks in Ohio.
I have a new home!!!!
Screenshot_20210105-101335.png

Screenshot_20210105-101142.png

Back the countdown to 9. My house closing appointment got pushed back. So annoying!

IMG_20210115_155651460.jpg

I got all my closing papers turned in yesterday and today a cargurus dropped me a new listing that I couldn't pass up.

The nest 8 days we'll be moving my oldest to her new apartment and then hitting the road for Ohio and our new home. Excited doesn't even begin to explain how I feel.

I feel a new chapter just waiting to be written in my life and I'm the author.

What part of Ohio are gonna be goin to? I grew up in NE Ohio...........

Last edited:
What part of Ohio are gonna be goin to? I grew up in NE Ohio...........
Lakeview I'm going to find hookups at Indian lake to get the rv set up with solar and get to know our new home.

Latest resources

Back