• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2 pumps in less than 2 years?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Neal, Is the Remco AquaJet pumps a straight bolt in swap? Looks like this might be in my future....
I’m wondering if it is a straight electrical swap? Same number of wires? Same wire colors? Etc.

TJ

I’m wondering if it is a straight electrical swap? Same number of wires? Same wire colors? Etc.

TJ
Water pumps have only two wires, black & red, so yes, very easy to do. The fittings for the inlets are the same, so no issue there either.

When I installed my Aquajet pump I left the Shurflo pump installed as a backup. I extended the hoses/wires so that I can connect them to either pump. It is recommended to install the Remco pump horizontally unlike the Shurflo which is mounted to the side wall. Here is a picture of my Remco pump mounted on a cutting board in top of the Sanicon system.

157CCF3B-F285-4EE2-B1D3-4A18729AFB36.jpeg

It is recommended to install the Remco pump horizontally
Where did you get this from as I don't remember this. Have you also asked Remco? Mine is mounted identically as the Newmar installed pump, on the side wall. Never an issue.

See #3 at the top of page 6 of the owner’s manual.

Determine the optimal location for the Aquajet RV. If possible, plan to position the Aquajet pump horizontally, with its rubber feet resting on a “floor-like” surface rather than mounted on a wall. Never mount the pump in an area where gasoline vapors are present, as the motor and heatsink of the speed-controller may get hot (up to 200° F) after extended running. Locate the Aquajet pump at least one inch away from any wall surface. In most cases, you’ll be able to mount the Aquajet pump very close to where the old pump was located.

Folks, if your terminal fitting are loose enough that "jiggling" makes them work. Maybe try crimping on new terminals spades. Use a bit of dielectric grease...give them a gentle squeeze after connecting.

When terminals are loose...they may spark a bit over the air gap. This oxidizes the connection. Oxides don't conduct so well.

Replacing the pump? If the terminals are the issue...the problem will follow.

I have had the Remco pump mounted horizontally for a couple of years now. Easy plug & play.
9E59F099-0565-4848-BE5A-4A932991DA55.jpeg
16BFA2AD-71BA-4505-926D-227A00D4C4FA.jpeg

I prefer not use up my wet bay space as that area is where my sanicon hose goes nicely.

It says if possible. I would assume that to mean that if it’s not possible, for whatever reason the owner/installer may determine, then a wall installation is acceptable.

I have the Remco 55AQUAJET-ARV. I have had no issues with respect to excessive water pressure. I highly recommend the pump. Variable speed pump is so much better than the Shurflo with the pressure switch.
I have been reading comments from folks that have installed the Remco and claim the pump runs at a much higher pressure than 75psi.
Not sure if they purchased the wrong model of Remco but they seem to specify the RV model.
The DP water system may be designed with higher tolerance to pressure than my CanyonStar. The Shurflow installed is a bit of a wimp, struggling with two or more water outlets open but will run continuously for 20 minutes without getting hot.

Latest resources

Back