Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

2003 Holiday Rambler endeavor no 110 power in front of coach.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TXheat

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Endeavor
RV Length
Chassis
Roadmaster
Engine
350 Cummins
TOW/TOAD
None
Fulltimer
Yes
We recently got this coach and we have had no known issues with the shore power, today we had a hot plate plugged in on a 50 amp system not worrying about overloading the system but apparently we must have because we tripped the circuit that the refrigerator is on. After resetting the breaker the power did not come back. It's odd though because the air conditioning power is working and the microwave oven power is working. In addition to the GFC outlet that is by the bathroom sink and there is no reset response, The only outlets that are not working are the kitchen outlets and the dining room outlet and TV outlet which is pretty much all the front outlets. I thought maybe it was a bad breaker so I swapped out the 20 amp breaker for the water heater breaker and the frig breake, the water heater works just fine but still don't have any power so it's likely a short in the wiring? Will a RV repair be able to address this issue or do we need to call an electrician? One thing that I just remembered whenever the breaker for the refrigerator, is tripped whether it's on or off you can hear a distinct clicking sound coming from the breaker box on the right hand side of the circuit board with a green light what is that and could it be related to the issue? AttAched are a couple photos in case they help. Thanks

Attachments

• received_2077193146028651.jpeg
    received_2077193146028651.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • received_482322377902181.jpeg
    received_482322377902181.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Did you reset by turning the breaker off then back on? You must turn off for it to reset!

As an aside! It appears the 30 amp breaker feeds two 12??? AWG wires 😮! How unsafe is that!!! Fix My vision please!

Did you reset by turning the breaker off then back on? You must turn off for it to reset!
Several times no go swapped GFI still nothing my guess is the high amperage from the hot plate fried the circuit?

S
As an aside! It appears the 30 amp breaker feeds two 12??? AWG wires 😮! How unsafe is that!!! Fix My vision please!
I did noice that, it''s the breaker for washer and dryer which we don't have. Well I'm still really stumped why we don't have power in the front of the coach if we did overload the circuit the breaker tripped and did its job so why would there be any damage? Also if if prior owners had wired the GFCI outlet incorrectly would that mean that the outlet would not work properly and would the GFIC need to be reset in this case given the fact that the refrigerator breaker tripped? I'm trying to avoid having to get an electrician or RV repari here r but if I can't come up with some solid troubleshooting here I'm not going to have an option. Thanks

Last edited:
Do you have an inverter ? Same thing happened to me and I found the inverter had "tripped". IF you have an inverter, and IF you can find the reset button (mine was a small red button), give it a reset. Hope you track this down. Blessings

Do you have an inverter ? Same thing happened to me and I found the inverter had "tripped". IF you have an inverter, and IF you can find the reset button (mine was a small red button), give it a reset. Hope you track this down. Blessings
Yes we do have a inverter, there is no red reset button on it it's a Xantrex Combi, there is a small switch box next to it I flipped the switch I didn't change anything, would have to disconnect the power source from the inverter which I've done before on our other RV there must be a way to reset it without having to disconnect it? I'll have to consult the manual ones and see what it says, thanks

Several times no go swapped GFI still nothing my guess is the high amperage from the hot plate fried the circuit?
There are likely two GFCI circuits. Bathroom is typically one kitchen the other. May be more!

Rather than re-read the post. Are you on shore power, or inverter? On inverter some schemes opt for load sheading! Nessisary circuits only!

There are likely two GFCI circuits. Bathroom is typically one kitchen the other. May be more!

Rather than re-read the post. Are you on shore power, or inverter? On inverter some schemes opt for load sheading! Nessisary circuits only!
Yes the other GFCI is in the outdoor entertainment system but it has no reset or test button. I’m on shore power inverter won’t work because of the other 12v issue.

May I suggest disconnecting the battery from the system and charging them to see if they will charge and hold a charge? A shorted cell can bring the whole system down.

Do you know if the inverter is aftermarket?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back