Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

2003 Holiday Rambler endeavor no 110 power in front of coach.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
May I suggest disconnecting the battery from the system and charging them to see if they will charge and hold a charge? A shorted cell can bring the whole system down.

Do you know if the inverter is aftermarket?
Yes that’s what the manual says about a shorted cell and I was thinking about doing just that .

May I suggest disconnecting the battery from the system and charging them to see if they will charge and hold a charge? A shorted cell can bring the whole system down.

Do you know if the inverter is aftermarket?
Yes that’s what my next is going to be and the manual actually recommends it. It’s a Xantrex inverter so I don’t think it’s aftermarket.

I believe the inverter has a reset button...sometimes they are crazy hard to find. Google the make and model, maybe YouTube it and you'll find it. Good luck partner. Blessings

Yes that’s what my next is going to be and the manual actually recommends it. It’s a Xantrex inverter so I don’t think it’s aftermarket.
When I say after market I should be more clear!

Does it appear DIY? I can buy almost any brand inverter and install it DIY.

When I say after market I should be more clear!

Does it appear DIY? I can buy almost any brand inverter and install it DIY.
Hmm, I don't think so I think it's factory, in fact the manual describes the same inverter. On a side note, I checked non-contact current detector and the refrigerator breaker when on, is hot, does that mean there's a short somewhere in that circuit?

No it means there is current there (breaker on)

No it means there is current there (breaker on)
But that current isn't getting to the outlets, so doesn't that indicate a short somewhere?

But that current isn't getting to the outlets, so doesn't that indicate a short somewhere?
More likely an open, not a short. A short would no allow breaker reset!

As an aside someplace in that rig you should have two master GFICs many outlets can be daisy chained per GFIC, but you should find two masters. (resetable/testable)

More likely an open, not a short. A short would no allow breaker reset!

As an aside someplace in that rig you should have two master GFICs many outlets can be daisy chained per GFIC, but you should find two masters. (resetable/testable)
Well so far I ly found one resettable and it won't reset, could have been replaced and the load and line were mixed up?

Well so far I ly found one resettable and it won't reset, could have been replaced and the load and line were mixed up?
Look for an appliance that may be causing the problem.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back