Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Olddawg

RVF Regular
Has 20,00 miles on it, experienced loss of power while driving the more I step on gas pedal the slower it goes, No codes,not missing.. new air filter, installed correctly. new fuel and fuel filter, fuel pressure is at 37 psi. Catalytic converter not blocked.no vacum leaks. I am a retired mechanic so I have a great mechanical background.. its just this one has me stumped any insight would be appreciated thanks for your time

I am NOT a mechanic (well, maybe a weekend rookie), but recently on my automobile, while trying to determine the cause of a noticeable loss of power I decided to take the air filter off. Looked OK (to me). I noticed a speck of material and followed it back to the outside air intake. It was 90% blocked with what looked like mattress stuffing. I recall swerving to miss a mattress in the road about a month earlier. So it would hurt to check the air intake from the outside to the filter...you just never know. JMHO. Blessings

I am NOT a mechanic (well, maybe a weekend rookie), but recently on my automobile, while trying to determine the cause of a noticeable loss of power I decided to take the air filter off. Looked OK (to me). I noticed a speck of material and followed it back to the outside air intake. It was 90% blocked with what looked like mattress stuffing. I recall swerving to miss a mattress in the road about a month earlier. So it would hurt to check the air intake from the outside to the filter...you just never know. JMHO. Blessings
Like I said initially new air filter always clean it all when changing

I bought a truck that had your problem. I bet on the throttle position sensor as well. Turned out to be the MAF sensor! What confuses me is no codes.

I bought a truck that had your problem. I bet on the throttle position sensor as well. Turned out to be the MAF sensor! What confuses me is no codes.
It confuses me also..I’ve been dealing with this for a few months now..never any codes active or stored.

Has 20,00 miles on it, experienced loss of power while driving the more I step on gas pedal the slower it goes, No codes,not missing.. new air filter, installed correctly. new fuel and fuel filter, fuel pressure is at 37 psi. Catalytic converter not blocked.no vacum leaks. I am a retired mechanic so I have a great mechanical background.. its just this one has me stumped any insight would be appreciated thanks for your time
Is problem resolved and what was the fix?

No…been raining a lot…I’m going to check throttle position sensor next..
Keep looking! I think it's not that sensor! Why? Because throttle sensors typically have a dead spot, and when past that location resume proper operations!

Latest resources

Back