• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2007 E450 V-10 loss of power

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well I finally figured out my problem…it was a blocked catalytic converter…only 22,000 miles on it..I started over again and went through my diagnostic list..the only thing that won’t code is fuel and exhaust.I initially put all new fuel with octane booster and new filter..I had also drilled a half inch hole in exhaust to see if it helped..but it didn’t..as anyone knows ford uses substandard bolts and they mostly always break off when you try to remove them..that’s why the hole..also I had a mid sized Plymouth back in the eighties that had a loss of power..I looked at the exhaust and it had a half inch plug on it..I removed it and was able to drive home..so I just crawled my happy ass under the motorhome and saw Alled the cat off.. took it for a drive and problem solved…tells you what crap gas California sells to be blocked at 22,000 miles. Thanks for everyone’s input

We would drill a 1/4 inch hole in front of the cat and another behind the cat then check to see if the exhaust pressure was the same at both locations. The 1/4 inch holes were easy to plug after doing the test. Glad to hear you found the problem. I would not have expected that at 22K miles.

Last edited:
I actually went through this on my 2016 with V10, if you pull over and restart it would reset
Took it to Ford they never found issue , traded the MH in so not sure what resolved it
Good luck

A caution, the Cat being plugged is more of symptom:

The inside of a catalytic converter can become contaminated by unburned gasoline — often due to an engine misfire, clogged air filter or bad oxygen sensor — or coolant that has likely leaked into the exhaust through a bad head gasket, or engine oil that has leaked past the piston rings or valve guides and is burned ..
Definitely needs some looking into the “why” it plugged in my opinion

We used to drill a 1/4 inch hole in front of the cat and another behind the cat then check to see if the exhaust pressure was the same at both locations. The 1/4 inch holes were easy to plug after doing the test. Glad to hear you found the problem. I would not have expected that at 22K miles.
Great idea didn’t think of that

I actually went through this on my 2016 with V10, if you pull over and restart it would reset
Took it to Ford they never found issue , traded the MH in so not sure what resolved it
Good luck
Yeah mine was plugged so it didn’t reset

Good luck
Not sure what would reset? A blocked converter it blocked exhaust

Not sure what would reset? A blocked converter it blocked exhaust
Mine was an ECU/throttle body issue, cycling the key would reset to normal

Latest resources

Back