• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2007 E450 V-10 loss of power

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think your going to have to put a scanner on it and get some live data. The Autel MX808 MaxiCheck is a good mid priced scanner at about $380.00. It is not a $90.00 code reader but a true diagnostic scanner. Current shop rate in my neck of the woods is now $195-$220 so does not take long to justify the cost.

I think your going to have to put a scanner on it and get some live data. The Autel MX808 MaxiCheck is a good mid priced scanner at about $380.00. It is not a $90.00 code reader but a true diagnostic scanner. Current shop rate in my neck of the woods is now $195-$220 so does not take long to justify the cost.
I have a scanner that shows live data..but I’m in Bay Area California and the shops I would trust to actually find the problem won’t take motorhomes..there are shops who would offer to try to diagnose my problem, but I don’t fell like paying for nothing…what I need is a Ford mechanic with tools and experience..where I’m at I haven’t found one..I would absolutely pay for someone to diagnose my problem…

I have a scanner that shows live data..but I’m in Bay Area California and the shops I would trust to actually find the problem won’t take motorhomes..there are shops who would offer to try to diagnose my problem, but I don’t fell like paying for nothing…what I need is a Ford mechanic with tools and experience..where I’m at I haven’t found one..I would absolutely pay for someone to diagnose my problem…
Finding good mechanics is getting harder and harder. Not a lot info on your issue. But no check engine light so probably no codes. Has it been sitting long enough to have bad gas? Sounds like you have spark and fuel could be a timing issue, like it is not advancing due to a cam sensor. Early V-10s had issues with blowing out spark plugs. Maybe one or more plugs is not seated causing low compression. Maybe not engine related, but transmission? Just throwing spit balls. Can you drive it with the scanner and watch the O2 sensors, fuel pressure, timing advance, TPS, and look for torque convertor fully locked up. Using the scanner you can shut off one coil or fuel injector at a time and see if you have a dead cylinder. Unplug the EGR valve see if any change.

You can be the best wrench mechanic in the world! But in a world of electronics that hides much of the old way of diagnosis, you are held impotent. The diagnosis from a competent technician is worth every penny you will spend on them!!! And everyone deserves a wage!!!

Finding good mechanics is getting harder and harder. Not a lot info on your issue. But no check engine light so probably no codes. Has it been sitting long enough to have bad gas? Sounds like you have spark and fuel could be a timing issue, like it is not advancing due to a cam sensor. Early V-10s had issues with blowing out spark plugs. Maybe one or more plugs is not seated causing low compression. Maybe not engine related, but transmission? Just throwing spit balls. Can you drive it with the scanner and watch the O2 sensors, fuel pressure, timing advance, TPS, and look for torque convertor fully locked up. Using the scanner you can shut off one coil or fuel injector at a time and see if you have a dead cylinder. Unplug the EGR valve see if any change.
I’ve replaced all the gas and filter fuel pressure is good and doesn’t leak down sparks plugs are new coils were just replaced I actually had new ones on my shelf lucky me! I drove with scanner hooked up along with fuel pressure gauge and everything checks out thought I was missing something so I had another reputable mechanic I know ride with me he says the same just one of those tough jobs but I’m sure it will be something stupid easy

No code! No miss!
No o2 sensor code, proper fuel ratio.
Ping should put up code, no code bad sensor.
Skipped timing chain, cam position sensor.
Crank position sensor, engine won't run in most cases.
Feed back from transmission module would throw code.

Vacuum leak? Maybe! This would not throw a code!
Temperature sensor? Maybe!
Fuel related? Maybe!

All done and said several hundred dollars could be saved by a competent technicians diagnosis. However, it is still a crap shoot.

Latest resources

Back