Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Have you put a Guage on fuel pressure?

Regulator, fuel pump???

I bought a truck that had your problem. I bet on the throttle position sensor as well. Turned out to be the MAF sensor! What confuses me is no codes.
I would love to take it to dealer and have them diagnose it, but I live in Bay Area they don’t let and motorhomes in for repairs

A MAF can be a problem. Same as an air leak. Skipped timing chain would give a crank position error. Ignition would give a miss code. O2 sensor should give code with leaks and MAF, but those two are where I'm leaning. MAF is not that expensive, I would replace and do another test drive. Quality of gas may be an issue as well.

A MAF can be a problem. Same as an air leak. Skipped timing chain would give a crank position error. Ignition would give a miss code. O2 sensor should give code with leaks and MAF, but those two are where I'm leaning. MAF is not that expensive, I would replace and do another test drive. Quality of gas may be an issue as well.
Not a skipped chain if as MAF orO-2 sensor it would code

Everything should code! Well except bad gas.
I agree..no codes ever.. never got hot..always well maintained 20,000 miles on it.. soon as it happened I 5hought I got bad gas…replaced,all the gas…fuel filter and checked pressure all was good…

You need to get in contact with a recently retired mechanic! Oh! Wait you are one!!! What a dilemma!

Check all connections to the sensors, special attention to those sensors that may float.

Sounds like it in limp home mode

Latest resources

Back