RV Model
Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Well I figured I would get these recalls out of the way before my big trip in July.

The first recall I received was for the on board TPMS system. My system had to be sent to Freight-liner before I picked up the coach because it was throwing error codes for the pressure. But from what I understand the recall was for the antenna sending units being blocked by Tiffin and not being able to read the tire pressure. My salesman said that they re-flashed my chip to cure the problem.

The second recall was for the PDM board. I think the old board was getting warm where it was installed.

The third recall was for the rear inner tire valve stems. From what I could see from mine, FL had a black rubber grommet in one of the holes on the rear rim. A rubber valve stem stuck out of the middle of this setup. Sometimes the rubber grommet fell out and the rubber valve stem would rub against the inside of the hole, eventually wearing out and loosing air. The fix was to REMOVE the rubber grommet and put a stainless steel valve stem on inner wheel. Now this is all well and good for me because I have a built in TPMS, BUT if you have an after market TPMS that attaches to the valve stem this will be a problem. That stainless steel valve stem can only be reached through the rim hole. It is short. So if you have to add a TPMS head you would half to put an extension on the new ss stem. If I had to personally deal with this, I would LEAVE the old set up with the rubber grommet and put an adhesive around the edges so it wouldn't come off.

Just food for thought on the Tiffin Freight-liner recalls.

HH

Latest resources

Back