RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford Explorer/2018 Ford SuperDuty
Fulltimer
No
Anyone if there is a location in the front dash area to tap into 10A 12V power for a powered subwoofer installation?? Looking to see if there is an option there versus having to run wire to the battery bank.

You should have a large 12v feed in the electrical bay below the drivers seat that runs from the chassis batteries, that is where I tapped in. It is easy to pull a wire up from from there into the dash. There is a direct opening that comes up into the driver's side trim panel.

awesome.. was hoping that feed there was something I could utilize.. thanks!!

Not sure I want to be feeding from CHASSIS batteries. I'd much prefer HOUSE batteries but both should be charging when on shore power. Just think through the source and pick wisely miyagee.

When plugging in speakers, how do you know which wire goes to what or just make sure all speakers use the same config? I remember when installing my Alpine's I wasn't sure which wire went to which spade. With the Focal's waiting for me on return home I figured I'd ask as I'll face this again.

As stated, there is a vertical pipe from at the driver "kick panel" area that brings the wiring up from the drivers side front electrical bay. On my Ventana I pulled the 3 - 14 g wires up. Only needed one but wanted to have something in case of future needs.

When plugging in speakers, how do you know which wire goes to what or just make sure all speakers use the same config? I remember when installing my Alpine's I wasn't sure which wire went to which spade. With the Focal's waiting for me on return home I figured I'd ask as I'll face this again.
On the Focals, Positive is the large terminal and negative is the smaller spade connection..

Has anyone replaced the JBL/Harmon amp in their coach and possibly have a wiring diagram of the inputs/outputs?

99% of stereo wiring is standard coloring. The striped wires are the negative speaker connection

I did a complet upgrade of my system, upgraded all the speakers, added 4 more front and rear speakers plus a subwoofer and installed fairly good size Kicker brand amp. I used the RCA low level outputs coming out of the Xcite radio unit. On the old amp output side, i had to test each wire set to see what speaker it drove. I guess now in hindsight I should have labeled the wires. As a note, if you do use the RCA low level outputs don't use your House Zone feature on the Radiohead, if you do you'll get a surprise, because when pushed, it puts the amp at full volume with whatever is playing.

Latest resources

Back