• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2024 DS 4369 Color Correction and Ceramic Coating

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This is another Bonus of Factory Pickup. There were many corrections made to the paint of DPDS when we took delivery in Nappanee.
Joe what was the cost of Factory Pickup?

Joe what was the cost of Factory Pickup?
I asked when I ordered two months ago and its currently $6k, and not discountable. I refuse to pay 6k for them to check if they built it right. Especially if anything can go wrong a week later. NIRVC does a good PDI and I will go through it all before paying. Can stuff still go wrong, of course, but I will feel better knowing that I did not pay 6k.:oops::cool:

To answer the question about ceramic coating, It’s typically 122-125 a foot depending on the company. There are some that charge 300+ a foot and people pay it. The pricing is very dependent on how much paint correction is required which can be days of work.

I can tell you that it wasn't $6500 or even half that.... a brand new Newmar does not need three stage color correction if it's done right... single stage color correction is all that is needed....

Factory pickup is a very interesting subject to me:
On the west coast it costs Newmar 2300 miles of fuel and the Drivers fees, so maybe $3,000
If you do factory pickup from the west coast you pay Newmar $6,000 and Newmar saves close to $2200 assuming they fill the tank up for you at FPU, so approximately a $8200 swing in their favor. You can argue that they make repairs but at their controlled labor and parts cost VS paying a dealer substantially more for the same repairs
Personally I wish that they instituted a much more comprehensive QC inspection on every coach prior to shipping them to the dealer.
And in my opinion it’s time to stop the piece work assembly process that allows the crews to go home early after so much production units.

The factory pickup was included in the negotiated price of the new 2024 DutchStar. This is our second new Newmar, both used Factory Pickup.
To us, it is well worth paying for it. Many items including paint correction were completed during what turned out to be a 5 day event. We had multiple very competent techs working with us to explain systems, verify systems, adjust systems, correct errors, etc. At the end of the day over 40 man hours of work completed.

The factory pickup was included in the negotiated price of the new 2024 DutchStar. This is our second new Newmar, both used Factory Pickup.
To us, it is well worth paying for it. Many items including paint correction were completed during what turned out to be a 5 day event. We had multiple very competent techs working with us to explain systems, verify systems, adjust systems, correct errors, etc. At the end of the day over 40 man hours of work completed.
That’s great it worked out for you. 40 hours of repairs on a brand new “Done” coach, one that they would have shipped to a dealer is one of my points……..think about it 40 hours of needed repairs

@Stuart W how does it work with Entegra? Do they offer a factory pickup?

@Stuart W how does it work with Entegra? Do they offer a factory pickup?
No not that I know of, they do have factory service.
NIRVC tracks defects at PDI and they have a pretty extensive process. The last numbers I heard was 13 defects avg on Entegra vs upwards of 50 items on Newmar. It is Brett Davis’s goal to start posting these numbers for all of the brands they represent on their website in an effort to keep the factories more accountable. I commend him for this.

Latest resources

Back